Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

GLOBAL FX/MIX

Digitone got this in latest update. This would make the patterns so much more usable on MS. Global control of track level, filter, delay and reverb sends, and fx parameters would be awesome!

from digitone:
Added a GLOBAL FX/MIX menu item in the SETTINGS menu. In the GLOBAL FX/MIX menu, you have the option to set the parameters on the INTERNAL MIXER, EXTERNAL MIXER, CHORUS, DELAY, and REVERB pages, and also the OVERDRIVE parameter, to be global (making any change to these parameters affect all patterns in the project and not only the active pattern).

The 500th post in this thread!

How bout a feature request section to the forum?

It would make it easier to see what has already been requested.

1 Like

Sample transfer app for iOS/android. Just the ability to do it.

I don’t mind prepping the samples elsewhere, I would just like the ability to swap samples via my phone/tablet.

Also see the storage left on model samples.

1 Like

With chrome google, you got a site to send your samples, don’t know if it works with android?

See elk erd

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been put forward already, but I’d love to see a sudo song mode. I feel like this could be implemented on the DN & DT too. So, basically some kind of project setting, that puts the sequencer into an auto chain mode. So every pattern in a bank plays as a chain without having to manually chain them.
I use both my MS and DN to compose full songs, normally with close to a full bank of patterns, and having to input a chain before I can play a full song is rather tiresome.

3 Likes

Just a little addition: midi thru functionality for the USB port, this would be a game changer.

1 Like

Same as for Model:Cycles : Manage songs chains, edit chain of patterns, store and recall by midi.

2 Likes

the M:S need a better MIDI implementation, like seq track and LFO outputing pLocks as CC too. And a master return level for Fx.

1.Please make Mute mode Global and Per pattern if possible so that you can save mutes in the pattern.
2.If possible add support of msprj files to Digitakt or add conversion tool to Elektron Transfer to convert msprj to Digitakt format, so you’ll be able to upgrade from Model Samples to Digitakt seamlesly. It will motivate people to upgrade to Digitakt or add Digitakt to their Model Samples.
I have both and struggle. Why else compatibility is needed: Digitakt stays home, Model Sample goes with you everywhere as it is lighter and slimmer than Digitakt and it’s short encoders are less vulnerable when you move it around. When you are outside you use MS for sketches and so on. Come back home or to your studio and move msprj files from MS to Digitakt.

3 Likes

Hi elektron devs and users,

I have noticed that on the model:sample there is the option to change BPM per pattern but not for the whole project like in most others machine.

This seems like a very easy option to add as it just software and quite simple.

I find it very useful because lately I’ve been playing with this machine for very long sets, using it alone, and sometimes I feel like playing a few BPM less or more depending on the occasion, but this means that I need to go through all the patterns and change BPM manually, which is a bit of pain.

Can you take this in consideration please and add it with a firmware updates?

Regards

2 Likes

It would be great to make the Fill mode MIDI-controlled (by a note or CC).

I mostly use the M:S for drums controlled by foot and that option would allow adding variety without switching to another pattern. And it is usually much simpler / quicker to program.

4 Likes

It would be great to make the Fill mode MIDI-controlled (by a note or CC).

I’ve submitted this request to Elektron but want to second it here too, in case they are looking. I really am loving both the Samples and Cycles so far - this feature would perfect them! :slight_smile:

It seems like it would be easy to implement on an unused CC, where a value of 0 would be off/no fill and 1-127 would be on/fill. If they wanted to get fancy, it would be even better to be able to enable/disable fill per track… but I know that isn’t a current option using the hardware.

1 Like

+1

I’d love this, but as an addition it would be amazing if the fill outputted the cc too and all the elektron boxes used the same fill cc, then when using the machines together you only have to press fill on one machine. Plus a menu option to turn this off if you want to use the fill function unlinked as it were.

I think CC messages to control Start / Stop for the device would be nice! It would be easier to control the device without altering the others!

Not sure if this is doable, but

1. configurable CCs for controlling external hardware

2. built in “round robin” functionality for six note polyphony when using external controllers (see the rk-002 cable or Pajen’s custom firmware for the Volca Sample v1)

3. Random kits

1 Like

Cross posting from another thread, a few things that might be nice to have. Most of these are duplicates of previous requests:

–Scrolling text (for file and folder names)
–Scales/Keyboard Fold
–Maybe a 2nd LFO if there’s enough power

4 Likes

m:c Punch mode

1 Like