Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

An override for the default brightness settings when using the side power port would be helpful.

A global mute option

A way to see the what samples in the locks folder are actually being used and or a clear/purge option

Editing multiple trigs at the same time

Tracks only being muted on/off when you release the function key

A favourites system for samples

Being able to save kits and sample settings

Step preview

I just want to be able to remove p-locked trig conditions. There doesn’t seem to be a way to set a trig back to default without removing the trig and putting it back, which sucks if the trig has a bunch of other p-locks that I also have to remember to set.

I think I remember reading you can remove single p-lock

Yes: on M:C. Hold down the trig, twist the knob for the p-lock you want to remove, the FUNC+RECORD … removes one p-lock.

EDIT I should have said FUNC+PLAY or FUNC+CLEAR of course.

Was that what you wanted ?

3 Likes

Yes! I still can’t find it in the manual even though I know it works, but I’m going to get a lot of mileage out of this. Thank you!

1 Like

The manual is missing quite a bit of stuff. Check this thread for a more complete summary:

2 Likes

I don’t mind the limitations of the model:samples at all – with the caveat that I have enough studio gear to make complex/interesting sounds to feed it. And I don’t expect to get an off-road Bugatti Veyron for the price of a Honda Accord.

After months of use the only things I’d like to see are:

• Fine tune of sample start and length (127 steps is too low-resolution for longer samples)
  • +/-48 pitch (surprised that it’s so limited, +/-24=2 octaves!)
  • Filter bandwidth (for tighter bandpass filtering)

I’m just happy to have something so musically useful that can be solar-powered at the beach :blush:

5 Likes

i supply for the fine tune

1 Like

and for trig pre listening for easiest way to chop sample on the same track

1 Like

would love:

musical scales. pleeeease.

octave up/down buttons in rec mode for p-locks (as in - hold a trig n then for example pattern button = Oct down / track = Oct up).

some random pattern entry kinda thing within musical scales.

env attack.

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

i was talking about p-locks not trig, i guess in elektron vocab :crazy_face:

if I have kids ima call em trigs. trigless trig n recorder trig.

I’m only having 2.

(im not having any)

2 Likes

Sorry if this is a repeat or else a wildly ambitious request.

For sample packs in which each note of a synth has been sampled.
Some way to map these onto the keys to play each sample (as sampled) in live mode.

Unless that’s possible already and I didn’t know…

Probably already requested, but just in case :wink:
Make the tracks associated with the specific pattern, so that you can have tracks muted/unmuted depending on which pattern that is selected.
And as mentioned above, musical scales :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like the ability to be able to check how much free storage space is left on my Model Samples, like I can on the Digitakt

1 Like

Decimal precision for sample start parameter. Without this it’s not possible to parameter lock the start position of a loop on the grid.

1 Like

And it just seems weird that they haven’t done it yet. The sound engine in the M:S is the same as the DT, so why not have OB, or a scaled back version of it. I don’t understand why they put all those resources into OB, just to exclude it from M:S and M:C. Even Roland puts the separate outs over USB functionality into their cheaper products, like the Boutique range.

It’s not weird, the USB chipset utilized is different. The “sound engine” porting is irrelevant, sadly.

1 Like

Well yeah, if you want to bring facts and logic into it, then I guess it’s never gonna happen.

2 Likes

I could really use a one finger on/off (mute) track when playing live. Holding/pushing a pad is fine, but it should be optional if you wanted to hold/push or to do a trigger on the pad to mute/unmute.

/Martin

3 Likes