Model:Samples Bugs Thread

Right but USB is not for power. I am confused about your post saying you have tried different USB cables

lol…mistaken it with another unit. is there a way to delete posts?

You can just edit your post instead. Looks like you deleted it anyways :joy:

All good! Just wanted to be sure. Because I was about to be real excited about USB power.

Well I would file a support ticket with Elektron in this case!

1 Like

Well, USB powered (i.e. from a battery pack) is possible with a special cable. I mean it’s still powered over the DC outlet, but the other end’s USB. :slight_smile:

Edit: For anyone interested, this cable (US) works just fine.
EU-fellows follow this link.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue, were you able to find a fix for it?

Hi there.

I’ve had the M:S for a few months but I’ve only recently started really getting into making some more in-depth arrangements/tracks on it, and over the past few days I’ve experienced so many crashes that I’m beginning to despair.

First of all I started experiencing a reproducible freeze when copy+pasting patterns, which would lead to a random loss of project/pattern data—the factors deciding how much data gets lost (disregarding the fact that I could have literally just saved the sequences AND project)—are a total mystery.

Then I noticed the sequencer would stop sending midi out to my external gear (but oddly, the chromatic keyboard would still send midi). This was generally fixable by turning the M:S off and on again.

Now, around 10 minutes ago, I lost about 2 hours of work because of a crash while browsing for a sample for a sample lock. The individual patterns and the project itself had both been regularly saved, but infuriatingly it reverted to a state that was almost a few hours old.

Am I cursed or are other people experiencing this many issues? I almost threw the thing across the room today, so until I get a response to my ticket from support, or some insight here, the M:S will have to be left alone so I don’t injure myself or it.

Cheers,

Louis

Welcome to the forum!

Probably neither. The most likely explanation is a hardware fault on your unit; regrettably, a small number of units from any manufacturer can fail. It always sucks when it happens to be you.

Elektron will get back to you soon. I hope things work out for you and that you can get back to having fun with the M:S soon.

Thanks!

It seems that the crashing was specific to the project I was working on, but I don’t understand why. I can’t reproduce the behaviour on other projects and the sample memory/RAM for the project is far from full.

As for the MIDI bug, I managed to figure out how to consistently reproduce the behaviour (and therefore thankfully how to avoid it).

If anyone would care to try it for themselves to see if it is a more generalised bug then I’m sure that would be helpful.

Here’s what I sent to Elektron support in the current exchange I’m having with them regarding the issue:

I can reliably reproduce the behaviour. It seems to have something to do with another track having MOut enabled in the Trk Menu, without having an assigned MIDI Out channel in the MIDI options.

For the sake of being thorough, this is exactly how I have set up the project MIDI to reproduce the bug:

– All Sync options are disabled.

– MIDI In is disabled for all Tracks.

– A MIDI Out channel is assigned for Track 5 only . This is sending to the hardware synth.

– All tracks have MOut disabled via the Trk Menu, except for Track 5, obviously.

– For the purpose of demonstrating the bug I have all tracks muted except for Track 5. I then unmute another track (Track 4) when the sequence is playing.

Steps taken to reproduce:

1. Sequence on Track 5 is played normally. External synth receives sequence data.

2. Track 4 is unmuted. Both Tracks still play normally.

3. MOut is enabled via the Trk Menu for Track 4.

4. The next note to trigger on Track 4 cancels outgoing MIDI from Track 5. Noting again that Track 4 does not have a MIDI Out channel set in the MIDI options.

Cheers.

1 Like

I’ve only recently noticed a weird bug. It happens running the unit completely standalone - no external signals like clock, etc. (although it happens with them as well).

When I press play, the first time I switch a pattern, say A01 to A02, it switches patterns one step too soon. All subsequent pattern changes are right on time and the error doesn’t persist. I know for a fact my pattern reset lengths are even numbers, e.g. 4, 16, etc. And as I said, it only happens the first time.

I’m using firmware 1.02A - haven’t checked for an update, but will do that now as it’s been a while.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

I updated to 1.02B, and the problem persists.

For me, no bugs since the last update, i know it doesn’t help lol

File a support ticket with Elektron, if you have not already done so.

I’ve updated to OS 1.12. Now when i save a pattern, i have this message.
But the pattern is saved. Even when i reboot.

But is the Project saved?

From the manual:

Yes, the project is also saved :slight_smile:

And if you do as it asks… re-save the Project, do you continue to see that prompt when trying to save a pattern?

You found the mute latch! Excellent. I use this all the time with the rytm :nyan:

Its very good for jamming

1 Like

I had this when I updated too. Its the new features, which require resaving the whole project due to new parameter behaviour.

You can just save the project (make sure you dont overwrite anything important, if in doubt save as new project)

My current project was a mess, but everything was OK with the saved pattern states otherwise, so I first loaded a new proj without saving the old (to keep existing work safe) then loaded the proj back and resaved. Did this just in case cuz I have lost work with rytm projects by accidentally resaving “ruined” versions of the pattns over the good ones.

Yes, the prompt is here every time i save… !

All right, thank you :slight_smile: i saved the whole project, and the prompt disappeared. Good !

1 Like