Model:Samples Bugs Thread

I appreciate the RATM style bold refusal to comply, but sometimes you really just gotta do what they tell ya. :wink:

4 Likes

About sample locks… Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. Manual says we can use up to 26 different samples per pattern

First… Is ‘pattern’ the right word here, or it should be ‘track’?

Second… I think every note in sequencer with a sample lock counts, instead of every note with a sample lock using a different sample (which I understand it should work)

up to 26 discreet samples per pattern (1 for each track and 20 for slocking pool)

1. This is per pattern. So for project total, multiply 26 by 96…

2. Dunno, still havent utilized slocks on my m:s as I’m stuck with the factory samples. Getting custom sample content into the m:s without a computer is a PITA

Hi guys,
I’ve just bought my model samples, I updated it to 1.12 and the reverb is not working. It register on the screen when I use the encoder for the reverb but no reverb is applied. Anyone have an idea on how to solve this ?
Thx

From Pg 41 in the manual, is REV OUT on?

What are your Reverb Send and Reverb Size values set to?

4 Likes

Oh wow thank you :joy:

2 Likes

another satisfied customer

3 Likes

(mod edited, please no double posts and keep this thread to MS OS specific bugs, thanks)

Has anyone had any issue in live record mode? It’s never been a problem before but the other night I was live recording a part in (using the sequencer buttons as a keyboard) and it just would not record the trigs. They sounded as I played them, it was definitely in live record mode (I tried both quantised and unquantised) and the track definitely was not muted. I also checked afterwards in grid record mode and it had not registered any trigs.

is chance at 100 ?
did you trig again after the pattern looped ? sometimes it can erase what you already record

Are any of you using M:S with Octatrack? I have Octatrack as master clock and I’m having an issue where the M:S doesn’t always start on the first step.

I did read a similar issue syncing to DAW but surely 2 Elektron devices should work together. I used to have A4 mk1 and don’t remember having this kind of problem.

Any help appreciated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a thing. The same behavior has been reported a bunch here. Some have suggested hitting “stop” twice to reset the sequencer to step one, but this doesn’t work. I have the same issue when syncing with Reaper or Novation Circuit. If it doesn’t work the first time, I keep trying and eventually it does. Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Almost certainly a bug.

Chance is on 100. It’s synced to a Digitone.

I’ll report it to support, I’m surprised this bug even exists between Elektron devices.

Having messed around for a bit it seems to be related to where it stopped previously. If I stop it running on the first beat of a bar it seems to start ok the next time.

this is like a bug across most elektron devices at this point. its rather frustrating. the general workaround currently is to move your first step one tic forward with microtiming. then the step will always trigger and it isn’t enough off grid to make timing sound weird.

1 Like

Ah thanks that’s good to know! I don’t remember this issue between Octatrack & A4, just some different issues instead.

Yeah, my experience is hit and miss with different combinations of Elektron devices. And sometimes, when you think you finally solved it, it reappears the next day. Even in saved patterns.

From what I remember, the OT was the most problematic. And for example the DT/DN-combo worked great most of the time.

I’ve found OT to be the most robust in general, I haven’t got any newer devices except M:S though.

Coming from here (read my last posts to get an idea) Model:Samples Tips & Tricks Thread

Today I’ve just copied one project to an empty project slot. Then came back to original project & deleted some patterns to prevent to Memory full thing, and then… Voila! Some of the samples I have missed the first time I made some RAM free space are back!

So, I am kind of happy to have recovered them (although I would be kind of angry if I didn’t copied the project first!). But, is this a bug? That sample association seem to be still there at some place in machine memory but it wasn’t recovered until some patterns were deleted in the project, even having (a lot of) free space in RAM for that project

Elektron should continue to look into Class Compliant bug. Continues to be present on 1.12. Does anyone have solid performance using tablets or phones for a prolonged period? Considering many other Elektron instruments are getting Class Compliant support, I wonder if performance is better on other Elektron machines.