Model:Samples Bugs Thread

It also seems to suffer the same bug as the Digitakt if I am correct? In that, if I send a program change message from my Octatrack, it will wait a cycle before switching to the correct pattern on the Model:Samples.
Very annoying as it is my only gripe with Elektron.

Yup I also have midi sync issues but only if I have it connected over USB. There is weird delay between abletons transport start and the ms. Even when both machines are starting from the beginning of a bar.

Using midi in rather than USB solves that problem though.

2 Likes

a consistent bug I’ve noticed is quite often I’m unable to move from the track currently engaged to another track. The work around is, I have to change patterns then go back and everything works fine and tracks are selectable again. It feels like I’m running out of RAM.

1 Like

I just got my model samples , it’s on version 1.02 ,and I had a weird issue where the reverb wasn’t working at all for one particular project I turned it off and on and it didn’t really change anything. I made a new project and the reverb was working fine so I went back to try to figure it out ,and after no avail I gave up and just kept playing around with it and randomly the reverb came back out of no where. Has anyone had any similar issues

1 Like

Hey. What can be the problem? When I use more than three samples on a track and wind up several parameters with several parameters, my device stops responding and behaves as in the video above. I think that this is due to the operative memory and the fact that it ends, maybe. What do you think can be done about it? Maybe I load my device too much? or is it worth returning it to the store?

Copy and paste patterns freezes the m:s every so often and upon rebooting it reverts the saved patterns back to the last shut down. This makes my main method of pattern making a mine field😕

Can the clicks that come with looping a sample get patched out? I’m not sure of a trick to get rid of right now besides the filter.

1 Like

Got this while pressing stop plus play multiple times. Strange.

Hey - I’m all of a sudden not able to add (2:4/3:4/4:4) pages to my sequence in grid recording mode… the page button does nothing. Any ideas??

This can be super useful, but for some reason I can’t understand it works on some patterns, while it doesn’t show up at all in some others (the rename menu doesn’t appear with the func+save long press, it just saves the pattern). Is this a bug or am I forgetting something?

I am also experiencing the same thing as @Emixed posted on Apr 8 using firmware 1.02A.

IPad is connected via camera connection kit to M:S using elektron USB cable. M:S USB is in Aut mode, with audio running from M:S into ipad, and back into M:S. Doing a bit of processing in AUM with Effectrix, adding a few other parts, and sending back to M:S.

I get 10-20 minutes of USB audio functioning then it drops out and USB functionality only returns with a reboot of the M:S.

2 Likes

Mine says Free:100% at all times, even though I have put about 80MB of samples on the +Drive and my project is linked to around 50MB of samples.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding what the “Free:100%” actually means?

Class compliant USB audio is exactly why I keep looking at the M:S but it doesn’t seem that these issues have been fixed. Have they been acknowledged? Has elektron stated that they’re working on a fix?

2 Likes

I think that the percentage refers to the RAM-space. I encountered the free 100% as well after loading a bulk of samples on my MS and wondered like you did. After working on a project though, there were like 5 or 6 samples in the RAM-folder, resulting in a dropped %-value of 98.

1 Like

Strange.
I’m using large sample chains that occupy a lot of ram, 108 total samples in ram, and that number doesn’t even budge for me.

Perhaps still a bug.

I believe the latest M:S firmware was supposed to address audio interface bugs. That firmware was released about a week after I sold my M:S so I am not sure to what degree it fixes the issues.

I can’t seem to find a straight answer

i’ve got a good one - mine doesnt turn on anymore?!? tried all different usb cables …nothing.

USB cables for firmware updates? USB is for audio/midi only AFAIK

the unit doesnt power up.