Model:Samples battery handle pack

Thanks @ess!

Lol at everyone thinking the samples isn’t selling well, why do you think this? I see it everywhere online, it seems like everybody has one!

3 Likes

Now it sells at 299$

Some people have been down on the M:S since it was announced, and I think they want it to fail.

3 Likes

This makes me oh so happy.

The M:S is so lightweight, immediate, and fun to use. With some AAs in the battery handle keeping it going, I could certainly get my old OP-1 portability vibe back.
I look forward to keeping it in my car’s glove box to make a quick beat on my lunch break.

3 Likes

@Ess, thanks for continuing to stick your neck out and answer questions on this forum, I can’t think of any other person or company who takes an obviously personal and professional pride in the products they have created, thanks again :+1:

8 Likes

Coming soon!

Both a handle and a tilt stand. No mention of what kind of batteries are in/go in it.

1 Like

Looks amazing

Really nice and the price is perfect too; 39€ (While the dust cover is 60€ )

Nice design, very minimal / modern. From the Cycles overview video, it looked like AA’s go in there. Judging by the Models’ power requirement, I would guess 4xAA (1.5V x 4 = 6V).

Edit: I originally said AAA – woops!

Can it be rotated and used as a cant as well. Be nice to add a little tilt when on a desk. :wink:

2 Likes

AA, not AAA.

Unless our friend has ultra tiny fingers, and the earlier official word “AA” has been changed.

5 Likes

Great idea

It already has this function, says it on the main page so it’s locked in! Definitely nice to have.

I’m looking forward to it. It’s nice to finally see it in a video.

I’ve been using my MS with various USB batteries and a USB to DC cable, in the normal PSU DC port on the rear.
5V/1A is so little draw that these battery packs last hours and hours. I usually don’t spend more than an hour at a time on my MS, and the battery meter doesn’t even move.

So I imagine the 4 AAs will last a good long while, plus the kick stand is a nice bonus feature.

3 Likes

Why indeed.

Working on my own handle currently.
3D Printed Parts fit. I had a GFK Tube (Handmade for my RC-Flying hobby) lying around that perfectly fits 2 18650 cells. Need to build something cool for the screw on the right side, then it should work.

22 Likes

There we go…

2x 18650 serial connected, Thats 7V to 8.4V with around 6Ah Capacity thats around 45Wh.
I used 4% of my 20Ah Powerbank ( around 100Wh) yesterday in 2h. Thats around 2Watt of powerconsumption (very very rough calculate!) Thats would mean, I can use my Handle for 22,5h! To be save, I will calculate with 10-12h, thats more than enough for a day!

Why am I faster, than Elektron?

I am okay with 3d printed parts. People who pay for it, won’t. While I think, that they will use the same type of cells, they will have more features in it. I am quite sure, their Handle will have an USB Port to recharge the handle. Mine doesn’t have one! I need to use the charger for it, I use with my model airplanes.
I don’t have to setup a production with it. I don’t have to certificate it as electric device, I don’t have to care about recycling of batteries, because I don’t sell them. I don’t have to make sure, that everyone is able to use it, without hurting themself…

I am quite sure, that I will buy the official handle, as soon as it is available, just for the USB Charging tho.

Until then, I am happy, with my orange GFK handle :wink:

13 Likes

Nice. Regarding USB charging functionality: is there a reference to that feature anywhere? I don’t see it happening, tbh.
As you’ve built your own handle: is there no way to build this without the protruding cable?

1 Like

I just assumed, that it will be USB Charged, because, thats the easiest way to do it. Maybe they use the same plug, than for the normal power adapter.

You could put the cable into the arm. That would need a special connector and a slightly bigger arm. I choose this way, because I had the plug with attached cable already and was to lazy do design and print another part :stuck_out_tongue: