Model:Samples battery handle pack

They must have an artisan Siberian shaman hand-carving each unit individually out of unobtanium using nothing but his fingernails.

4 Likes

Be patient, guys. This is a battery we’re talking about here, not some old technology that has been around for over 200 years.

3 Likes

Negativity and cynicism in this thread, why even bother posting?

If this turns out to be the case, it invites the question: ‘Why not just build a battery compartment into the unit itself?’ But I’m not sure how much free space is in there - has anyone opened one up yet?

Then why bother posting negativity about… negativity? Aha!

Seems like, when we’ve paid a premium for a device, we might be allowed a little joke or grumble in a couple of comments on a small message board :slight_smile:

‘I’ll take good-natured negativity over bad-natured positivity any day.’ - Anon.

7 Likes

Ah, so that’s the problem with the battery pack. They have the negative terminals sorted, but the positive ones are giving them trouble. The delay makes sense now.

8 Likes

It wouldn’t be impossible to design a custom, 3d printed (for example) solution. The voltage/polarity for the side input is specified in the manual…

2 Likes

LOL i have unfinite batterie power for 6 euro 99 cents …

also work with any usb power bang for 16 euro on amazon…

2 Likes

I power to usb cable where the power connector is at a 90 degree angle. I stash the battery in the deck saver under the box.

October - eight months since the thread started - and no battery (or battery compartment tube thing or whatever it is) :frowning:

i prefer an update :sweat_smile:

1 Like

MyVolts, USB powerbank, and some DuoLock will get you further for less (or about the same). :slight_smile: I’ve got my Zoia and Digitskt going that way and I haven’t looked back. It’s awesome!

5 Likes

What is duolock?

I believe they’re referring to adhesive hook and loop (i.e. velcro). Cut to length and stick your battery pack onto the side of your gear.

1 Like

It’s like Velcro but better, in some ways. Made by 3M. I’ve been pleased with it.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks.

After you affix it you can peel it off, with no residue, and position it (but s couple of times only). The grip is also pretty serious. I’ve used DuoLock instead of rack screws in a case to stabilize my DigiTakt and it feels solid. It also doesn’t make a loud rippy sound when you take things on and off. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree. After I got a MyVolts cord, battery isn’t a feature I need in the box anymore. RipCord just handles it.

1 Like

Could you post the link to the one you got? We have so much of the same gear it seems it’d be Nice to grab one!

1 Like

I know, right?:blush:You gotta love the internet for all these new cool people you meet.

And here’s the link:

This one powers all the Elektron stuff I’ve tried it with.

2 Likes

It’s getting a bit annoying now. Is it going to be over a year until the batteries released? I know I should’ve known better but I bought the model thinking it’d be portable not too long after release

4 Likes