Model:Cycles

No the Chord machine uses all of the 4 operators to form a chord which you can sort of scan through smoothly with inversions and octaves. It’s actually a wavetable oscillator and has morphing between waves just like the harmonics on the Digitone

15 Likes

whaaa? This is synthesis , no sampler

2 Likes

Metal is a cymbal generator

4 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words! So many questions, I don’t think I can manage to catch them all from my phone but…

So at the moment I happen to be in Los Angeles (on vacation!), and I will be presenting the Cycles together with Mario tonight (7pm) at Perfect Circuit Audio. We will perform a set each on it and then I’ll talk about how this unit came to be and my design process around that.

The event will be live streamed so keep an eye out on this link if you’re interested:

43 Likes

Enjoy!

awesome :dark_sunglasses:

Beautiful work as always. This is a really nice flavor of FM sound (as mentioned ala MD) and while it can be done on the DN, I love how this caters specifically to this type of sound. I love my YM chips. :smiley:

5 Likes

It looks fantastic. Reminds me of some of the eurorack fm voices (Akemie, BIA) and also legacy Elektron. So many good things to be reminded of!

4 Likes

Not tough at all - I’m not slamming the device, just that teaser marketing can get watered down if it’s used for every release.

2 Likes

Well, I’m in.

1 Like

Model:Cycles as midi sequencer for a Division Dept IV/01 ??? :thinking:

( I think they’re even the same size and colour coded !!! )

Really into it… My only real gripe is - Micro USB? Can we not agree on USB C as the standard?

13 Likes

I like it. It’s kind of like… Elektron meets Plaits. Times six. Plus other stuff.

3 Likes

Cheers

1 Like

I don’t know if this was posted already or not

Model:Cycles Experience

4 Likes

Very interested in this as my next drum machine.
Will wait a year before purchasing though. :wink:

2 Likes

They are actually easier find than you think. Check the index… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

the :3lektron: master

soab

1 Like

Congrats on another fine release…:+1:t6:
Sounds great!

It looks like the chance p-locks are by 1% increments? (Am I seeing that correctly?)
Could this be done for the other boxes. Not a fan of the preset % values.