Model:Cycles

Hey hey! Party over here!

Who in the US is shipping right now. Guitar Center isn’t shipping until April 2nd.

It’s amazing how much potential this and a sample combined, provide.

for those wondering about the handles :

2 Likes

:3lektron:

2 Likes

Is it possible to set the velocity sensitivity of the pads?

Edit :

I found this in the manual :

5.2.2 SEND MIDI
All sequencer tracks on the Model:Cycles can also be set to send its sequencer data through the MIDI OUT or USB ports to control external, MIDI equipped, gear. Each track sends note, note length and velocity data over MIDI. For more information, please see “9.4.2 MOUT” on page 26.

Any MIDI channel can be assigned to a track and several tracks can share the same channel. If several tracks are assigned to the same MIDI channel the track with the lowest number has priority regarding parameter conflicts.

So the answer is NO. Only the Sequencer Data (note, note length and velocity) is send through the MIDI OUT.

Sorry for the quick undocumented answer I gave you. I thaught it was like on the Digitone or Digitakt.

The best Model:Cycles related surprise of the day for me…seeing that Bo Beats in his review video no longer looks like Bob from Twin Peaks.

6 Likes

Sweetwater told me “soon” so no idea there. Perfect Circuit has 'em in stock, shipping immediately. or so they say… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Right, it’s like MS/AR/A4 sequencer midi out, instead.

1 Like

No worries! Yeah that was what i understood from the manual too but thought I’d check. Not a big deal, just thought it could be a potentially interesting extra use for it :slight_smile:

The sample can be locked to steps. I think the truthful answer is that you can do everything with model:samples and preparation, but it’s easier to be dynamic with model:cycles out of the gate.

Sorry if shared already…but…wow

6 Likes

Model:Cycles - surely the most attractive pre-tax gross salary purchase on the Bike-to-Work scheme.
Looks good on the invoice.

11 Likes

Those look really nice.
Take AA batteries too!

The Dataline video is breathtaking.

9 Likes

It would have been UNreal for that price.

Well, I guess if you round-robin sample everything, you can make it sound the same. You could also create a track on the M:C, record it as a wav file, and play it as a sample from the M:S in your search for truth.

This may have been posted above, but I’ve been listening to this M:C playlist, and there is some good stuff here.

10 Likes

I agree. So are you grabbing one?

@Ess quite surprised you didn’t colour code the individual machines, then list the corresponding individual knob functions for each machine in the same colour underneath the 4 knobs - looks like there would have been room and I reckon that’d speed up the learning? Just a thought. Sticker overlay aftersales!

1 Like

@phaelam Chance should only be percentage based if I understand it. It’s the chance of any of the trigs on that track firing. So 100%, all your trigs fire as you laid them out. Anything less than that and there’s a chance more will be left out of the sequence :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: misunderstood your question. Yes, that would be amazing! Let’s hope the extra resolution gets added everywhere :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like