Model:Cycles

Sounds great, which is a relief since I ordered before hearing it :joy: #keepthefaith

9 Likes

And looks like i am going to have troubles trying to sell my old Yamaha DX200 for a decent price

1 Like

ayup :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Or just trying to make a black box out of the dell computer looking grey plastic box?

Rechareable AAs?

3 Likes

Cool, this will work nicely in a live setup.
For some reason it makes me want to get my grey electribe 2 out again, it’s been idling for some time now.
They are different horses of course, the electribe is older, fatter and has 16 legs instead of 6, but they are almost the same colour and price.
Maybe one is a horse and the other is a cycle. I’m still trying to figure it out. :bike::racehorse:

@Ryan was finally right, I knew he would be one day :rofl:

9 Likes

Is it possible to have ordered one from the Elektron.se shop and actually have missed the first batch, resulting in a wait?

This thing is absolutely perfect for writing Mega Drive chip tunes in bed. I want one. I’ve been doing this on my Digitone Keys here and there, but then I have to sit in… GASP …a chair…

4 Likes

wow. looks great. i’ll take two! As much as I like the knobs on the Model:Samples, I think the knobs here will provide even more.

1 Like

Pretty sure those should work. I got some eneloop pros lying around which I got at the height of my volca fever, I’m sure they will work jus fine with the M:C

Now I’m just hoping that Red Means Recording won’t be found in a landfill somewhere :sweat:

8 Likes

which one would be more suited for hi-hats;

metal
or
perc?

Sticking with my MM Md and A4 nothing to see here
For those thinking this is a mini momnpmachine dream on not a chance. More like a mini digitakt

3 Likes

Model:Samples :wink:

probably should watch some of the videos now and answer my own question.

I would think Metal. Percussion to me is usually things like toms, bongo’s, wood block, and other various sounds/noises.

2 Likes

For those that want a Digitone vs. M:C comparison:

• The M:C is not a “cut-down” version of the Digitone; M:C’s FM-based synth engines are 2-operator, but “macro” controls like sweep, color, and shape make it sound unique.

• The overall sound-character of the M:C is “smoother,” than the Digitone, to me, but again, the controls produce a very wide range of timbres, going into staticy and gritty territory.

• The “tone” machine is the most flexible FM machine, going from Sonic The Hedgehog bass to Strider stabs in a few twists of a knob. I produced the most sounds using this engine.

• M:C = MegaDrive/Genesis; Digitone = DX-7+

I think the strength of M:C is being able to work within pre-defined models (kick, snare, perc).
Digitone is still the limitless FM playground, though.

(Full disclosure: I worked on the preset sounds and patterns for Model:Cycles.)

46 Likes

Yes, I totally agree!

1 Like

Did you guys get The Vibrants to do some of your demos? :wink: