Model:Cycles

wondering if all of the sounds could also be created with the Digitone in theory :thinking:

1 Like

The Model Cycles looks and sounds great, and at $299 on the Elektron site, this seems like a steal.

1 Like

Hmmmm … so in a nutshell:

what you get here are 6 pre-selected FM patches (now called machines) with custom-named (kind-of-performance) parameters? Oh man …

… I’m really speechless …

3 Likes

Thank you Elektron for this nice release…
I have some questions :slight_smile:

1- Is this possible to use control all via CC messages and sequence it from the Cycle himself or from an other machine ?
2-Is the polyphony of chord track “eating” other tracks ?
3-Are they some Chord Inversions ? (really important imo)

So is LA

So first things first:

The machines can be selected per track.

AND they can be locked per step.

Cool cool.

4 Likes

does anyone know whether the LFO is routable to all the tracks or only the assigned track?

edit: quick look at the manual seems to imply the latter

that sold it for me

3 Likes

M:C has retrig, but DN doesn’t. That makes the M:C more desirable to me because I mostly liked the DN for its percussion sounds.

5 Likes

Should I assume that this is 6 voice polyphony? Is it only 1 voice per track? Can you get pads out of it or would you need to split and layer MIDI into it?

1 Like

I like to think of “Punch” like an accent on steroids.

13 Likes

Optional power option from the power glove

8 Likes

Control all is not accessible via CC and cannot be parameter locked .

No. They are “paraphonic” sharing the same envelope and the chord is setting the relations between the oscillators.

Yes, there is a macro parameter controlling that and spreading of the selected chord. Not sure all inversions can be reached.

12 Likes

@Elektron I think you gon need bigger boat :shark: :motor_boat: :smile:

I can see now why Elektron were looking for an art director some time ago. All these plasticine videos and artworks work great together with the product and look awesome

13 Likes

@Dataline Camoflage! #stealthmode :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like a great box for a great price.

1 Like

listen to the soundcloud demos. I think some of the sounds can but there’s some pretty punchy and distorted sounds in there that at least I have never pulled from the DN.

No that was the TM-1 :smile:

9 Likes

Hi ! And thank you for your help !

1-About the first question : I would like to know if the “control all” parameter is accessible via an other machine…

2-So to really understand : I can have 6 chord machines, with each one a chord of 4 notes on the same trig ? So total 24 notes on a same trig ?

3-I don’t find nothing about inversions in the manual :frowning:

1 Like