Model:Cycles

Curious - looks fun

Elektron - please, one day. Implement the ability to generate random patterns. I’m so far from musical it’s not funny. Plus I like techno. Random techno :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perfect Circuit has 'em up now. (which surprised me it took a while, given the showcase there tonight)

bummed Sweetwater doesn’t have 'em yet, as they’re next day to me.

in my best Forrest Gump voice

And just like that, my recommended low cost groovebox went from the Circuit to the Model:Cycles.

2 Likes

Did you find the other one?

1 Like

There honestly wasn’t much marketing hype, just a lot of hyperactivity from users on this forum

7 Likes

Hoping for another Ess Yes to this q :

Can you live record the (preset)sounds into a step (rather than just step/grid edit) ?

as per doable in A4/R via soundlocks (maybe via pads/trigs/autochanMidi?)

achieved easily (and undocumented) like so whilst browsing pool … any similar workflow possibilities ?

1 Like

yeah, seems like most of the regular nauts already bought one huh?

I think imma wait on the fence for a bit. If the M:C sold out already, I have a hunch there will be some units on the 2nd hand market soon… 299 is in the impulse buy territory so maybe some people will flip theirs after the initial honeymoon ends…

2 Likes

dang… well I guess I ordered one from perfect circuit :grimacing:

1 Like

Well thank you but I don’t understand how a lone CC can be used over several parameters :face_with_monocle:

It’s one parameter. Think of a wheel of chords - you select from a set, you don’t have control over individual notes that form the chords.

4 Likes

Well I’ve gone and preordered one!

Comprehensive review from loopop is now online.

3 Likes

Well thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

same. SW has it now but it’s listed as “coming soon” versus PC has it in stock.

I needed some cables from PC anyway, so… might as well grab one of these while I’m at it! :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out vs. Volca Drum as a drum synthesis partner for Octatrack users and the general user community.

Volca FM vs. Digitone for OT crowd seems to be a draw. But among the general forum membership, Digitone emerged as the more winning product.

Pay close attention to what he says in the first 3 seconds of the video. :rofl:

1 Like

will there be any type of soundpack* for the cycles?

1 Like

Punch and gate, let’s hope in a future update, dn gets a compressor and retrig @Ess :slight_smile:
I’m gonna buy this eventually though, I’m really digging the marketing behind it. It sounds so dope too

3 Likes

Haha caught it

2 Likes

Pics/Audio/Video from the ‘Meet Model:Cycles’ for a general impression, attendees, anyone?
Thanks!

Damn, looks like it just exploded with M:C ‘going viral’ online, with all the vids from the usual gang (Bo, Loopop, Cuckoo, ++ !!!) Plenty to do tonight for a change. (besides watching the 1st ep of Better Call Saul) For shits 'n giggles i ReSampled the ripped audio from the teasers today and did some DT+DN+AH on it. Wouldn’t have thought a product reveal would lead to such a blessing of productivity after months of dust and self-loathing. Time to get my setup in order and make some more room :wink:

1 Like