Model:Cycles only music

Great M:C Signature Sound in those folders. Great work and great Tracks.

1 Like
Visby · Cycles Miniset
1 Like

More!

Been messing around with this pattern over new year’s and wanted to record it and get it out of my head.

2 Likes

Just posted an all Model:Cycles Jamuary video on my IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJmMLeFhE8z/

2 Likes

( ˙꒳​˙ ) TGV
Hi! Happy new year everyone!
Here’s a track with a color bug, an accordion made with FM synthesis, an old towel and my beloved Cycles.
Hope you’ll like it!

21 Likes

It’s stuff like this that makes me realize I gotta get my shit together and really spend more time with the M:C - great job!

2 Likes

Like a trippy walk in a synthetic desert.
Would you mind breaking down how the sitar sound is made?

2 Likes

I think this might just be my favorite thing that I’ve seen done with the Cycles.

1 Like

Thank you! I feel like it’s a great box to get creative with. I own a Digitone as well (and a DT recently acquired), and I love it but it takes so much more time to get the sound patches done!
I really feel like the Cycles is a masterpiece.

1 Like

Well that’s absolutely great to read! Thank you for your kind comment!

1 Like

I’m happy you got the vibe!
Sure, which one are you talking about exactly? Because where I hear an accordion my girlfriend hears a sitar, and there’s another sound that could fit the description, the one that starts at 2:50!
I’ll reverse engineer it :wink:

1 Like

My biggest problem is I’m SO used to working on iOS and ITB that trying to get my head around another workflow has been incredibly painful lol… this has inspired me to give it a go again though!

1 Like

I don’t know ITB (or maybe I just don’t know the initials).
In my opinion the Cycles is great if you manage to let go: it’s a happy accidents madness machine :wink:
There are some very, VERY in depth tutorials on Youtube, they are long but are worth every second.
I particularly enjoyed the one on Delay. It teaches more on synthesis (not only on Cycles) than lots of videos I’ve seen.
Check it out: the name of the channel is “Undulations”. And the 5 videos on the cycles teach… Everything!

4 Likes

So if you’re talking about the one at 2:50, here’s how:
I started from the default preset of the snare machine (track 2 in new project).
Settings are: Decay 127, Color 127, Shape 0, Sweep 0, contour 26 (same than the accordion), no LFO. Delay to taste, FULL REVERB! (with a setting of 68 for the size and 0 for the tone).

The accordion sound is exactly the same, but I put an LFO to simulate an attack enveloppe (the Loopop trick): LF0: ENV, x32, Dst DIST an Depth -64

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for taking the time to break them both down! I’ll be trying these out!
It’s rad how little tweaks can make very different sounds.

1 Like

One of my first jams on the Cycles… tried to go for some Quaristice/Untilted vibes in the second half. lmk what y’all think

6 Likes

9 M:C only tracks for Jamuary:

12 Likes

I’ve gotten to track 3 so far and I dig the minimal style. Right on!

I’d like to add track 5 is my favorite of the bunch now.

1 Like

Thanks! Minimal is def what I’m going for, esp w/ 6 tracks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really nice tracks here, soothing!

1 Like