Model:Cycles only music

Last BOOMBOOM one (in love with LFOs)

9 Likes

Just started an instagram account where I post 1 minute compositions made exclusively with Model:Cycles. The basic concept is little “postcards” of M:C compositions. A way for me to make music within a specific framework, and with short turnaround times.
Check it out: www.instagram.com/invisible_object

2 Likes

First jam
Instagram

1 Like

Very good

1 Like

I like both the bass and lead timbres a lot in this one. Go on!

It’s been almost one and a half years since i bought my model:cycles witch was my first hardware instrument, and first serious endeavors into trying to really express my self with and without borders and allowing me to flow freely with rhythm, noise and melody in confined spaces/loops.

Now a bit more than one year later i have been inaugurated into the cult of elektron by adding the Octatrack MKII and then the Analoug Four MKI to my arsenal of weird shit to play around with, and by god am i glad i went deep down in this fucking rabbit hole!

Now i can’t even imagine creating “techno” or whatever you want to call it with any other style of machine or computer ever again. The sequencer is impeccable and the hands on experience gives me ultimate control of the smalest and minute details. And the accidents guys, it has to be the best thing!

The recording i made yesterday is a result of a 4 hour straight jamming session on the same base patterns on the MC and A4, with the MC running into the A4 witch is adding some extra effects and gritt especially the chorus to make it more spacious, on the A4 i am running a voice for subtle percussion, a voice for a “mid kick” that is always laying in the background, a voice for white noise and a voice for some super subtle dubbish chords, most of the A4 stuff you barely notice, mostly its all M:C sounds going into A4 then into Overbridge for recording.

This is not a song or anything that is ready to be released, its more a snippet of my mind and what i am longing for on a dance floor, but after jamming for four hours straight without stopping and then recording this in one take i felt like i had made something that was blowing my mind even after listening to it several times, be aware that i was in an altered state of consciousness (interpret that whatever way you want) when making this and it might not conform to most standards of music in the way song structure is expected, it is extremely repetetive, i am not really muting and unmuting voices i try to experiment with building up and tearing down the tension and transitions by tweaking parameters instead of removing and adding sound i am changing the sounds in a very subtle way.

Anyways the point of this whole rant and why i actually want to post this jam is to give the doubters a taste of the power the M:C can actually have with it’s onboard sequencer that allows for simple polly rhythms that can evolve into something crazy and unexpected, parameter locks, the customizable machines/instruments (i mostly use the kick, tone and perc) and especially the control all feature combined with all the hands on knobs is so rewarding to explore. The ease of use and the lack of complex features is what makes this the best shit ever, once you use it enough to create a understanding of what each knob does to each machine and how you can combine that together with the INSANE sequencer there is no limits on how this thing can sound or make you feel and i feel bad for all the people saying every M:C song/video sounds the same so it must be the same for everybody, this is not a set it and forget it machine… it has so many sweet spots for different kinds of vibes and i can never see my self getting bored of it!

8 Likes

Cool story bro :tongue: - I also enjoyed the jam. This is a style where M:C can really shine, imo.

You listen to much Basic Channel?

Hello everyone, nice to meet you :slight_smile:
I received my unit just a few days ago and tried to create different tracks using mainly model:cycles and minilogue xd

14 Likes

I have listened them to a bit, but can’t say allot, i am very into dub though, and the hypnotic stuff from the likes of Luke Slater has helped me allot in discovering wired and repetitive spaces that i can linger on in for hours.

2 Likes

Hey there! Awesome music and sounds , and a lot of interesting stuff and ideas on this thread.
I’m newbie here. I have this amazing machine just a few months and it does incredible things.
I upload some live recordings from m:c with the company of reface dx and typhon.
Hope you enjoy!
https://eocyte.bandcamp.com/album/miet-lultiuso

2 Likes

I keep coming back to the MC. It’s so dang immediate.

5 Likes

This is a song I just finished up, don’t mind all the modular gear in the frame, this one is just the model: cycles. All the other gear is being used for another song, but the model cycles is so good I finished this one before I could make the other one.

7 Likes

Not mine. One of the mellowest sounding Cycles track I’ve ever heard. Plus a great sound progression through Control All.

11 Likes

Super simple in a way, but I was having fun with CTRL ALL and generally keeping live record mode on.

3 Likes

Made a little more!

3 Likes

:heart: this piece by @steinmeister (elegant thumbnail btw)

12 Likes

@steinmeister ever hear the Carnival of Animals? Le Coucou au fond des bois (The Cuckoo in the Depths of the Woods) seems right up your alley! :wink:

2 Likes

yeah, of course i’ve heard The carnival of animals, was thinking about playing The swan, but then got caught up in another piece :grinning:
thank you for your advice! i’ll look into that!

2 Likes
10 Likes

No worries! Sometimes I feel weird when I get suggestions and requests, so don’t take it too seriously. Whatever you do, it’s been lovely hearing the MC doing classical.

1 Like