Model:Cycles only music

How are you doing the cymbal retriggering when you hold the pad? at 0:11.

EDIT: nevermind, somehow I never really messed with the retriggering submenu, I figured it out. this helps a lot. now if only there were an option for quantized retriggering. I guess I will just have to actually work on my rythm.

Got it! :boom:- I have been doing similar things driving M:C from keystep, but I just have the original, which doesn’t have strumming.

Sounds great to me. Do more!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m new here. Recently got a Model:Cycles and this is my first ever jam on it. I started from a blank pattern (you’ll recognise some of the default sounds) and experimented my way up into what became a deep house jam. Mind you, I have no idea what deep house is, but that’s what people told me it kinda sounds like.

Since this first jam I’ve been setting out to create new patterns/loops/songs by exploring specific features of M:C in terms of sound design and sequencer/LFO capabilities. So hopefully my next ones will be a little more advanced :blush:

Any input/feedback is welcome!

1 Like

Emcee

Recorded in Bitwig

9 Likes

night jam

7 Likes

as usual just m:c

Bach/Siloti - Prelude in b minor

4 Likes

I love these classical pieces.

1 Like

I think it sounds great, what I could hear of it!
Unfortunately I no longer have Instagram and it cuts off the track just after the kicks are in.
Got a different place you’re sharing your tracks, like Bandcamp Soundcloud or YouTube?

1 Like

Thanks! It’s not you, it’s me. I only uploaded the first minute, since it’s only a rough jam. You can find the whole thing here: https://youtu.be/KAGCLOqNluw

I’m reworking it to a more polished and finished song at the moment, so I’ll upload the final version to youtube.

2 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time… :laughing:

Right on!

This one is short, but I was really feeling the rhythm and wanted to get it out there.

4 Likes

Nice lfos and stereo effects in this one. :clap: Keep it up!

1 Like

12 bar blues, using the Cycles for rhythm, bass, and chords while playing one of the channels via an isometric keyboard (configured like 5 guitar strings, EADGB).

4 Likes

Nice and quirky blues! And a very interesting keyboard. Is that diy or is it available anywhere?

DIY! I believe it’s technically supposed to be referred to as “isomorphic” actually.

1 Like

a snippet of a jam I’ve been working on… still not sure how I feel about the change up at the end, still gotta tweak it a bit I think

9 Likes

Cool retrigs and use of fx in this one. I’d encourage you to make more.

I hope you enjoy.

7 Likes

I like the timbres in this one, and the crazy video effect. I challenge you to make one with two patterns now.

1 Like

Right on! Thanks.
I’m feeling more confident with these instruments, but I have a way to go with song structure and theory. I’ll try more complex stuff yet!

1 Like