Model:Cycles only music

One of my fave recent cycles tunes! Slowly layered more tracks to evolve to a 4-voice sequence. Subscribe if you like, or add me on instagram @nickpushesbuttons

13 Likes

Model:Cycles with sprinkles of 606…

4 Likes

Hi!

Here’s a jam featuring the M:C along with the TT-78 and Zoia (as a reverb).

I used some tricks I like on the M:C, like using the retrigger with a fade combined with the velocity as a modulation source.

I had the most fun possible, using chords, tones, and tweaking pretty much all that I used to craft the sounds to bring some life to the Bembé, which is a repetitive and haunting rythm.

I hope you’ll like it!

8 Likes

I really liked the Cycles. It’s still one of my favorite sounding drum machine “things.” I wish I was able to record each track separately. It was hard for me to use in the studio.

I find it not that bad, just record layers and edit/arrange in DAW

Essentially fake or recreate a performance

Could also pan tracks left/right, haven’t tried that yet but that’s because I haven’t needed it

2 Likes

All this Syntakt talk got me wanting to jam on the MC. Some discussion went into just how crunchy it can sound and I went for that in the second jam especially.

While I’m super tempted to trade everything in for the new thing, I love hearing what you peeps are making with this awesome machine. Maybe I’ll upgrade sometime in the future, but for now this little monster is my champ.

15 Likes

Very nice!

I think you guys might have collectively convinced me to get an M:C. The ST sounds great but is a lot more involved. This thing is better for live jams because it has a lot of range in a simpler package. For me, at least.

4 Likes

These are inspiring. Thanks!

1 Like

Completely new to grooveboxes but am having the time of my life with my Model Cycles.

My only goal has been to have fun and make some music. I think I’ve achieved that! These are both just recorded directly into my BR80. Haven’t done much with the mix.

6 Likes

:arrow_up: :upside_down_face:
That, and all those parameters exposed as knobs right up front.
I do really want a Syntakt, but I worry if I’ll be turned off from it like I was the Digitone. Something about tabbing through different pages for the synth, LFO, amp settings didn’t gel with me. I hope the Syntakt won’t give me the same problem workflow wise or maybe I just needed to stick it out and practice more.

Also, a general question for anyone: I noticed in a lot of the ST demos that retriggers seem to be right in time. I can’t quite do the same on the MC. Is there a way to quantize live retriggering, or is my poor rhythm just going to need brushing up?

1 Like

Pretty sure I read in one of the Syntakt threads that live retrigs are not quantized (for recording, possible). It could be that the clacky buttons are more responsive than the M:C pads.

1 Like

Thanks man.
Well, guess I can’t always rely on the machines to make up for my lack of rhytm all the time.

i don’t have the ST so take what i will say with a grain of salt,

but from waht i can tell, the controls on the cycles like sweep, contour…etc (al those nice ones) are on the same SYN page on the syntakt, and only the stuff that’s not really on the cycles that will be on the other tabs (except maybe the volume and lfo rate)

i preordered the ST and really looking forward to it as a more capable and more flexible cycles

2 Likes

i know elektronauts tolerate 8k 120fps videos AT MINIMUM, but this is a lofi jam, so the video is lofi too!

11 Likes

Must be time for lofi!

10 Likes

100% Model:Cycles
Shout out to thee crew at Keep Weird for putting this one out :pray::pray:
:new_moon: Join us in celebrating thee Black Moon :new_moon_with_face:

11 Likes

This rocks

Big trackerscene vibes

1 Like

Jazzy moment in a 2070’s digital piano bar. Lovely

1 Like