Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

Depending on the algorithm / architecture you can still allow for feedback per operator if they’re not modulating each other (see M8, reface DX).

Oh, true.

One potential issue is it only being able to do feedback on one or two of them unless they changed the engine… I noticed on Digitone that only one or two feedback loops is present in any algorithm. Wonder if it’s the same on the Cycles…

It would be great to be able to get some more brightness out of that machine. An alternate machine would be needed so old stuff doesn’t break… maybe SUPERCHORD?

• More diverse chord sounds
  • Chord progression mode: each of the 16 steps sends a note and chord shape to the chord machine (so that I don’t have to record chord progression in one shape and changes shapes later on)
  • sharper/punchier snare sound
1 Like

One polyphonic track! That would be amazing.

1 Like

Depends on what you have on the track. For example if you have a kick and snare on p-lock won’t be affected. Should be of the same category.

Keyboard mode: machine locks for each of 1-16 pads so I can play 16 sounds from one track (one at a time ofc). It is somewhat similar to slots/slices mode for the keyboard on octatrack

Perhaps it would pull the sounds from the LOCKS folder

1 Like

Please add trig preview feature

7 Likes

Would be cool to have a possibility to ‘dial’ in chords to the chord machine. For example- i hold a trig, play C, E, G on keyboard- and the model cycles transfers these 3 notes in a “C3” note with “Major” shape lock. Transposing polyphonic incoming note messages as locks for “shape” and maybe “color”. Its pretty annoying to cycle through chord names when you’re not really into music theory and don’t know what every chord is called.

6 Likes

Agree except I do like the knob for inversions. Like a “fuzzy” arp.

2 Likes

:baby_chick:
Chorus effect shortcut–page maybe?
2 more LFOs per track?
Decay / Attack: 0 through -127?
Mute mode activated by a shortcut?

I noticed every time i save a pattern or rename one and save, my Model:Cycles is in a “default mute mode” where the 6 tracks un-muted are lit up and I can play with them as if I was in a Mute mode manner. Until I reload the saved pattern. Dunno if this is a bug. More like a “window–through–elektron–instrument–power” feature. :baby_chick:

1 Like

Project or Pattern ? This is a known ‘feature’ when saving a new pattern, I think.

2 Likes

PATTERN my bad :sweat_smile:

A MIDI setup option that can allow Track Chance to affect incoming MIDI or not.

2 Likes

Trig preview and mute mode. (with mutes per pattern as an option)

The M:C is a wonderful groovebox but I think these features are really essential for any Elektron machine.

6 Likes

This! This is all I would ever ask for the M:C. Well, and maybe improved muting features more aligned with the bigger brothers.

1 Like

My short list:
Indy outs
Func-mute like others
Trig preview
Fill latch like others (not toggle but fill once and off)
Other than that, flipping fantastic piece of gear!
Apparently individual outs is impossible but I heard that about OT trig conditions and MIDI out on Analogs so I’m still hopeful .

2 Likes

Manual p.33:

Press [TRACK] + [PAGE] to latch FILL mode The [PAGE] key flashes when you are in FILL mode. Press [TRACK] + [PAGE] again to unlatch FILL mode.

5 Likes

I’m aware. Latch may have been the wrong word but like I mentioned I prefer it to behave like the others.
Maybe I should‘ve said “fill once”. That’s what I mean.

1 Like

Have the parameter lights light up when they are parameter locked in live recording mode. That way when you are erasing parameters in live record mode you know which ones have locks on them.

2 Likes

FUNC + RETRIG (hold for a second) to toggle “A.On”

1 Like