Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

So you’re saying you were able to toggle mute on/off with a quick tap on any of T1-6 ?

Oh … that’s a shame.

1 Like

Exactly.
I’ll try replicating it again. Should have some time this evening.

Definitely grid record mode, pattern playing, midi was from Keystep->Digitone->Model:Cycles, and I think I was popping back and forth between tracks normally before that by just tapping the pads because I was just sequencing and not performing. Otherwise I would have been holding TRACK then tapping the pads.

No good. Couldn’t replicate it yet.

Well, since this is the Feature Request Thread and not bug reports allow me to reiterate; mute mode would be dope.

And I wonder if it would be possible to add a stutter effect like the Volca’s step jump. That was one of my favorite performance features. REALLY lets you change up the rhythm in fun ways. Could it be tied to the RETRIG somehow?

2 Likes

Totally agree with the step jump or step repeat linked to the [RETRIG] button.
It would be a great live performance update.

1 Like

If you P-Lock the values for the track trigs they won’t be effected by ctrl all.

1 Like

One option is to set the track pad velocity to 0. Then when you hold the track pad it mutes instead of playing the track sound. You still have to hold it there (unmutes when released) but it’s a one hand mute if needed.

2 Likes

True that. It’s a good trick!

2 Likes

It’s happening right now.

Same setup; midi from Keystep to Digitone to Model:Cycles.

Last thing I did was save a new pattern I’m liking. Pattern was still playing as I saved it.

Now when I touch a track’s pad that track mutes/unmutes!

Back in normal or non grid record mode it’s still functioning like it has. Touching T1, T2, etc. functions like a mute without holding FUNC.

Holding TRACK and tapping a pad won’t show that a track is selected, just mutes.

Aaaaaand I switched patterns and the MC switched back to normal operations. :man_shrugging:

Back in the pattern where the mute glitch happened; I tried renaming it while still playing a pattern in grid record mode, but the mute didn’t stick.

Tried again, no sticky mute still. It’s definitely a thing though!

Could it possibly be that the Digitone is sending some undocumented CC ? Or is the midi connection via the digitone simply a thru connection ?

Aha hold on … “save a new pattern” that temporary mute state is a known “feature” after you save a new pattern. I shall attempt to find a link.

EDIT: Here … I mentioned it before -> Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread - #500 by bibenu

1 Like

Oh! You’re awesome.
Yeah, I missed or forgot that trick! Thank you.

2 Likes

Had this box a week and I love it - amazing amount of music can be got out of the thing for such little financial outlay. My main feature requests at this point would be:

• Attack for the envelope (weird omission)
  • Per-track HP or BP filter (mixes can get muddy in the low end)
  • Second LFO
10 Likes

its been said a few times already but a per track high pass filter would be incredibly useful. without individual outs this is needed to mix things down well.

7 Likes

A mute mode !

5 Likes

second these!

also, i would love it if the shape and colour knobs affected the sound of the chord machine, and you could access inversions and chords vis a secondary menu dive function, because right now the sound options for chords are extremely limited.

just having access to the fm feedback control like on the tone machine would be enough so you could get some brighter more saw wavish tones.

2 Likes

i would love to be able to access all the intervals through chord machine. as for now it’s not possible to get major 6th, minor/major 7th and octave…

In love with the machines, LFO, reverb and delay. (:heart::heart:)
Wonder, if in a firmware update there would be a mode where the reverb could effect the delay.
Would absolutely adore 2 more LFOs.
This FM groovebox scores already!

1 Like

please elektron, add a mute mode, this is the one thing that is bothering me on this device

5 Likes

Yes please. Would take a little less finger yoga.

2 Likes

The chord machine doesn’t use FM.