Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

Really do wish there was a better way to determine what trigs have p-lock trig vs a trigless trig. Perhaps flashing at different rates? Trig preview would also be an easy solution I suppose. With the current system if my bpm is fast I can almost never tell what is flashing or isn’t within the 16 steps of each page, let alone determine if the trig is trigless or not.

Another request is that the retrig function have a quantized option. Many times I want to perform a roll, if I’m off by a tiny bit the roll is completely off and sounds silly. I wish there was an option to latch the retrig to the BPM instead of only free playing.

3 Likes

Same for Model:Cycles please …

• An indicator on the main screen that the project has changes not saved to +drive
4 Likes

It’s actually easier to get to than I previously thought.

4 Likes

Seems useful, have you emailed feature request about this? A simple glyph like a strategically-placed dot could work.

Should be simple logic, any time there’s been a change from saved state could trigger it and it’d persist until the next save wipes whatever notSaved flag.

I second that.

1 Like

No, I haven’t (as yet)

Yep, that would do it. My Anyma Phi also uses a cryptic symbol for this purpose, a diamond. You could use two diamonds to indicate “pattern unsaved in project AND project not saved to +drive”. I tried to stay away from a specific suggestion because I didn’t want to invite criticism on the basis of my exact solution … others could come up with a better solution perhaps.

2 Likes

LEVEL / DATA (push + hold ) = bring certain parameters like Dep, Dst, Ddep, KbT to “0” (or default value)

2 Likes

A little number showing the main volume of the track.

The indicator bar just below the panning is not that precise. I’ve found myself having different volumes for the same track between two or more patterns, which is a bit of a pain when trying to record a live jam to create a track.

7 Likes

Randomization for sound parameters could be awesome (the big Elektron boxes already have this function) and randomization per step (random p lock) would be even more awesome :slight_smile:

edit : a lo fi mode with 8 bits sine to get dirty old school FM à la Mega FM & Akemie’s Castle.

6 Likes

Save individual PLOCK trig as a sound preset. Please. Thank you.

4 Likes

Would love a lo fi mode especially for snare and hats that would be super rad

It would be nice if there was a way to apply current lfo animation as p-locks with a quick combo. Sure, we’re losing some actual animation as it becomes more akin to S&H modulation rather than actual lfo but still, imo that could be useful as a faster way to add variety to a track (and also free that lfo for other duties! or even animate another parameter the same way!).

Faster lfo rate multiplier adjustments? FUNC + LFO SPEED maybe?

Note and/or parameter slide would be a very good addition too. This could be used as a free assignable envelope!

Also, it was said so many times before but adjustable pad sensitivity and trig preview, please, elektron!!!

1 Like

Not sure if it’s possible given hardware limitations, but the addition of an amplitude envelope as a Wave shape option in the LFO setup menu would make this device so much more expressive and useful (in addition to a second lfo so the currently available lfo isn’t used up for adsr control)

1 Like

Locked sounds should be copied when copying tracks with sound locks. Let the user sort out any duplicates if they feel like it

A simple portamento option

Poly mode (in config menu)

Pattern mutes

Kit lock

Always remember position in the file browser

Recall last name of preset saved when saving

Ability to turn off the delay damping

Resume the LFO at its “real” position when normal trigs play after sound locked trigs that reset the LFO

Polyphonic machine

Global track midi settings

1 Like

and from a $300 machine, you’ll now be spending $1.000…

1 Like

Probably more like $1500 but this answer was a little tongue in cheek! What I was not so subtly hinting at back then, was that I wanted Elektron to give us a new MachineDrum.

2 Likes

I would like to see the metal engine to be more flexible. It sounds same-ish as an actual HH or CY.
To consider:

• Better response to pitch
  • Comb filter and/or resonator
  • Adjustable balance between noise and tonal content
5 Likes

don’t know if this would even be a feature, but i wish the Factory->SY folder had been broken into smaller BASS/PADS/LEADS/etc. folders instead of 200 presets with cryptic names…
I don’t use presets much, but still it could have been easier to navigate.

3 Likes

The ability to reload a specific track would be a great performance feature! E.g. for messing things up with control all, and then bringing back the original bassdrum. [Track]+[Pattern/Reload] would be a combination for this, that feels natural and is not yet used

1 Like

Could this be done by copying the track sound before starting the CTRL ALL business ? Then paste track sound (to the same track) when you want to go back ? If I’m right, would only work for one track of course.

5 Likes