Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

I hear ya. That definitely makes things more complicated, but there is a design pattern for that in other synths and user interfaces. Usually, it’s some sort of dot to show the preset has been modified in some way, and of course, you can save your preset/patch in the cycles, so it would then show that name you gave it.

Funny enough, I’m a user interface designer lol.

2 Likes

the one thing I miss the most on the model:cycles is a performance mode, where I could mute and unmute tracks with only one hand

It’s a real pain when I want to unmute track 6 and do someting on another synth at the same time

if it gets this in an update, model:cycles gets a 10 / 10 from me

5 Likes

Random thought. Since the M:C has stereo out AND headphone out, it would be pretty dope if you could send the volume of a track to one or both. For playing live you could send a track to just headphones, dial it in, then route it to the main outs.

idk… probably low on the totem pole but could be fun.

1 Like

I might be crying in the void but please can we get parameter slides like the Analog Rytm has? I’ve been producing drill/midwest hiphop and it’s not too easy to make 808 slides. I love this machine and I’d love some updates and new soundpacks or that battery handle.

2 Likes

There is an alternative to this - just press the Track pads hard and hold and the track sound gets muted. Sounds again when you release the pads.

Press and hold track pad (hard) and track gets muted

yeah I know, but I’m looking for something like the mute mode on the digitone, wher eI don’t have to keep pressing something

1 Like

Recently i’ve been using the control all funtion quite a lot to change parameters for all tracks at once.
Was thinking it could be cool to be able to toggle some of the tracks off so they aren’t effected.
For example I have four chord machines set up and a kick and some hihats. It would be cool to change the parameters for the chord machines while keeping the kick and hihats as they are.
Sometimes when effecting all the tracks at once the metal instrument can sound a little off and the kick can become a bit too heavy for what i’m going for.

1 Like

+1. C’mon, all the other stuff has mute mode and here is the “knob per function” line and no way to mute with a single press? They really need it.

Edit: fixed quote

+1
Why not a “control all” dry/wet parameter in the menu of each track.

6 Likes

Hi ! Did anyone from Elektron hint about the possibility of adding features to the M:S / M:C ? Is there any clue it might actually be happening ? (I know they are good already, and won’t stop working :slight_smile:

I’m asking that because I don’t want to be tempted by new hardware and love the idea of keeping stuff in the long run.

There is always the possibility of Elektron adding new features to their current instruments, but they never announce them publicly in advance.

5 Likes

This is an insanely good idea- if this allowed attenuating the effect of control all per-track you’d get some crazy cousin of scenes on the OT.

+1 +1 +1

5 Likes

Making VDep, Dst, and DDep of the Pad/Vel Menu per-pattern instead of per-project would be very nice.

1 Like

DUDE. Running into this issue now. Something like how the Digitone does it where mute mode gets latched.

1 Like

So I actually had a weird glitch(?) recently where it did function like a mute mode!

I remember I was in grid record mode in a track while the machine was playing, and I hit another track to select it but it muted! Worked on the other track buttons too. Once I stopped playing the pattern I couldn’t replicate it. Back to normal…

Somehow maybe it hung when I was using FUNC and the track buttons to mute? Is this a known glitch that I missed? It’ll be super useful if it isn’t too finicky!

• selectable scale and tonality per track when using trigger buttons as a keyboard.
  • attack parameter.
  • live recording using track pads record velocity too.
  • Chord Machine sends out via midi every note of the chord and not only the root.
  • 2 LFOs per track and/or the possibility to assign not used LFOs to other tracks.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Arpeggio please

5 Likes

There’s something where when you’re holding down the track pad T1-6 the trigged sound doesn’t play, so you can sort of do temporary mutes by lightly pressing and holding the pads.

Maybe this is what you encountered?

1 Like

Yeah, that works as you described, but the way it was behaving was more like the Digitone’s mute mode. When I tapped another track that track would mute/unmute while the knobs would only affect the track that was already selected. I also wasn’t holding FUNC at the time.

I only noticed it was doing this because I was meaning to change to the track I wanted to edit by tapping the respective pad, but the mute was happening instead.

I really do hope this could be a feature though!

1 Like