‎miRack, VCV rack ported to ipad

beautiful stuff <3
I bought it a few months ago and barely used it (I was busy with other stuff)
but I hope to get some time to play around with it more

2 Likes

thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:
if you like software modular… this is one of the most fun to use imo

1 Like

Anyone tried any of the samplers? How’s the sample import? Possible to preview first?

1 Like

Is it universal now?

1 Like

This one looks amazing as a learning tool and as a tool to check out models you do not own. If they are good enough there they will be good enough in the real world!!!

2 Likes

Yep. :dancer:

Well if it’s got a @papertiger and @Unifono co-sign it’s kind of hard to resist.

3 Likes

not yet. I‘m so happy having the mutables back, I didn‘t get any further.

1 Like

The samplers I tried use the OS Files interface, I couldn’t see a way to preview :frowning:

1 Like

How strange, I have it on iPad but it’s asking me for purchase on iPhone… If it’s universal, shouldn’t it let me download it…?

It won’t charge you. It’s a quirk of Apple’s silly App Store mechanisms. You’ll see a prompt confirming that you won’t be charged after you “purchase” it again.

3 Likes

In what step of the process should I see this notification? Want to make sure I don’t get charged twice :money_with_wings:

EDIT: it indeed notified me I wouldn’t be charged after purchasing. my iPhone is super small (SE) but I bet I can still have some fun with it on a long bus ride

Sorry to say this, but I had no problem downloading it to my iPhone after buying it on iPad.

Both devices are on IOS 13.3

How do you record your screen and audio out of the iPad, @Unifono? I also noticed your videos on instagram tend to be of similar good quality. Is there like a screen record feature that also records audio on the iPad or something?

1 Like

exactly. it came with an ios update some time ago

I know QuickTime (Mac) can screen record iPad/iPhone (so you can share app demos, etc…). I would assume either an audio interface or maybe they added sound support. Haven’t tried in years tbh

After some research:

Looks like you can “self record” (audio/video) since iOS 11 now on the device itself: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

That’s pretty awesome tbh haha whattt

1 Like

that‘s what I‘m using

1 Like

I just bought it on my iPhone to this try specifically this. You’re probably smarter with this stuff than I am, but some of the sample modules are pretty easy, just a double tap and then navigate through your directories.

That big shiny sampler at the top of the tag, I can’t seem to get working just yet.

On a separate note, super happy for this app to fit on my phone- glad to make annoying noises when I’m frustrated at work

3 Likes

afaik the screen record audio is mono, though… that kinda sucks, and I don’t think there’s a workaround for that

No-work wave

2 Likes