‎miRack, VCV rack ported to ipad

You dreamt it

3 Likes

Oh good, I thought I saw a video and the guy mentioned something but nonetheless thanks, that’s good info to know!
Cheers bud

Has anyone here worked out how to sync miRack with AUM’s clock and transport? Same for Ableton via Midi? Maybe I need to use the CV tools?

…head explodes.

I see they’ve added Bluetooth midi modules so technically should be able to connect with ableton without any wires

Hey guys

What kind of iPad are you using to run this?

Apple iPad 9.7" with WiFi 32GB- Space Gray (2017 Model) (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PWW6NS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_s0ZkEbJFWGWG7

Is this one fine? Is there a cheaper model (maybe one with a bigger screen) that will also run miRack just fine?

1 Like

I am no ipad expert, I got the regular Ipad 2 years ago. It runs most apps just fine. It struggles if I want to run some moog apps, but for everything else it’s super usable.

Have you seen this thread? Maybe helpful.

1 Like

I made 4 patches last night. I really love the miRack. My mac always strugged with vcvRack, the Fan blew like crazy. So I stuck to Reactor Blocks.
But miRack runs perfectly on my ipad. And I prefer the patching on the touch screen to the mouse on a computer.
Some of the controls are a bit small, but all in all, it’s really great to use imo.
One of the patches from yesterday, all Mutable Instruments.

11 Likes

Nice

1 Like

…ah fuk…my last ipad got stolen…still got an old ipad3…thought my ipad days were, once i had a bigbig run on all those first music app hype, finally over…

and now THIS info…shit…
ok…this is defenitly a reason to get another ipad again…
was always wondering how nice vcv is, but does’nt do the trick for me end of the day with just mouse or trackpad handling…
and won’t dare to open pandoras box to the real thing…

but with a touch pad!?..damn…this makes sense again for real…
but still wondering cpu wise…is it really going smooth?
but even if not…ipad app snippets where always my most favourite things to feed my samplers…
and vcv modualrplanet ripoffs are best…
ok ios…and therefor long time no see appstore…here i come again…

2 Likes

Do you know if yours is 64 bit OS? Does it matter?

So it seems the developers of VCV take issue with some aspects of mirack. I’ll just leave this here as purely informative:

1 Like

64 bit. not sure how much difference that makes

hmm. that’s sad. quite a downer of my enthusiasm

3 Likes

I guess the offending issues have been removed. I don’t know. It’s easy for me to just skip it considering I already have a stupid amount of music making tools. If I didn’t, it’s a very attractive app…

2 Likes

Let’s not dredge up the VCV vs. MiRack saga. Neither side looks good and you’ll miss out on two amazing products. Seriously. Just use what you like and don’t start down that rabbit hole. Trust me.

4 Likes

My intention wasn’t to start anything. Just that people have information.

7 Likes

thx for sharing it! It’s important (for me anyway) to know where things come from.

2 Likes

:thup:

The issue is that the post on VCV Rack doesn’t give the whole story, or a complete version from both sides. Neither party has clean hands. I was following the saga quite closely as it was unfolding and wish I hadn’t. It’s colored a lot of my opinions about the developers involved, and not for the better.

It was also a fascinating legal rabbit hole to ponder while doing chores. :slight_smile:

1 Like