Minilogue XD Module

This. What he said.

Having just restarted my old hobby known as 40K, I need all the spare 150$'s I can get :nyan:

Will just have to wait a sale to get the desktop then

In the US module price is $100 less than keyboard version at the usual shops

Yeah I just checked on this and the module is $100 cheaper. Do people here really believe that the folks who work at Korg donā€™t give a shit? (looking at you jb) I run a business with my family and we certainly give a shit, in a major way. People thinking that business = not caring as a rule are badly misinformed. I know that there are many passionate musicians working for Korg, and Iā€™ve also dealt with people at Novation that are extremely passionate about the company and their products.

3 Likes

Well, there are probably people at Korg who give a shit and some who donā€™tā€¦ but Korg has been making (quality imo) music products for 40+ years and have consistently given us maybe-limited but affordable products (going back to polysix - 1st poly under $2k) and the minilogue is definitely in that line.

The conspiracy theories were a little :thinking:

1 Like

Seemingly-limited at first glance but affordable but extremely good sounding is how I would classify many of their products as well. I find that Korg has extremely smart design and many times things that seem like limitations have been addressed in other parts of the synthesis engine. For example, I can think of complaints on a few of their current products about limited LFO & envelope options by people that completely ignore that parameters can be locked per-step and also motion-sequenced in real time. Korg products usually seem to be designed as a complete instrument with the entire user experience in mind, rather than just as a series of modules and specs to tick boxes. The whole Korg is often more than the sum of its parts. I love owning and using their instruments.

4 Likes

Release date on Amazon Japan has moved from June 23rd to July 31st, and Korg website now has release date stating similar. Guess I will have a bit longer to save for it :slight_smile:

Korg wavestation, not really what Iā€™d consider ā€œlimitedā€ :diddly:

In fact, too deep, alas hindered by the terrible UI

The minilogue and monologue have a new update just fyi, microtuning added to the minilogue and midifiltering added to the monologue.

3 Likes

And active step for the monologue and transposable sequences for the og Minilogue!

3 Likes

Whatā€™s active step? I should have listed all the updates, I was only able to read the bare bones of it. Iā€™m out and about. Itā€™s funny I found out just as I arrived at an appointment but not when I was just in front of my synths. I knew they would implement some knew stuff eventually.

A feature of Korgā€™s sequencers on the Volcas, SQ-1 and other devices that lets you turn steps on and off individually, making for some great variations, especially when used to perform with rather than programming the seq.

2 Likes

Active step is what the Volca sequencers have. You can just select any steps which it will play, regardless of where in the sequence they are. Itā€™s a nice performance tool. edit: beaten :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

ooh i guess i missed what it was on my old volca

The website for the dls doesnā€™t seem to be working. Could someone Dropbox or Google drive it to me? Please?

Wow great update for the Monologue, the Active Step ability is so great for performance and I love using it on the SQ-1.

1 Like

So anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? Earliest retail arrival date Iā€™ve seen is 7/26. Thinking about pre-orderingā€¦

My Sweetwater rep is pretty sure I will have mine before the month is out. GC lists them as early August.

1 Like

Itā€™s not the best keyboard but itā€™s size, keysize and 3 octaves are great for an included keyboard (better than use an external).
For more complex performances I use externals.

A firmware update came out for this, adding aftertouch support and more. Howā€™s the consensus among XD users WRT the sound? Still a keeper? Can the XD sound as mellow and Japanese (tomita-esque) as the Prologue?

I finally have a chance to pick one of these up. When this was announced I was sure Iā€™d get one. But now after getting burned a bit by the 101, I am cautious of impulse buy LOL

How has the 3rd party multiengine market been shaping up? Any must-have additions yet?