MIDI loopback

-> MIDI MIDI MIDI MIDI <-

loop

My primary DAW is Cubase and I watched similar effects with MIDI out (both on MIDI port and USB). Same when using the Monomaschine for the same purpose. So I assume that the problem is somewhere in DAW’s internal port handling.

The only way I got rid of this ‘multi-channel-tirggering’ is setting a MIDI-Input filter (pass Channel XX) an each specific midi track in Cubase.

Since I have USB and MIDI both connected on DT and run the MnM via MIDI-USB-interface I think MIDI is ‘echoed’, either in DAW or in the maschines itself (which makes sense).

I will try to follow your configuration on my setup and report again…

PS.: Do I understand it right - you wanted to trigger DT-Audio with its own MIDI?

This might be totally irrelevant or something you already know as obvious, but on OT there’s a lot of stuff that midi can do depending on which octave you’re set on on the midi track. Can cause havoc if you start doing stuff outside of the area you’re intending to be in. Dunno if relevant here/source of some of the weird behavior you’re seeing?

Did you try a midi-cable-loopback or any other midi-controller instead of a logic-track?

I would be grateful if you could post a summary of your findings once you have the correct procedure nailed down.

I haven’t tried this loopback yet (I’m still holding off upgrading to os v1.03…) but expect I will in the future.

I’m sure this thread will be on the list when I search for information this topic, so thanks (in advance) for sharing your lessons learned…

Don’t look back and don’t loop back. :wink:

Mick Jagger on drugs ?

1 Like

As in Ectatrack? :wink:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: DT MIDI loopback discussion