Digitakt 16 samples, disable midi

Hi!

I have two questions:

1. It is somehow possible to use midi channels as samples channel? Is existing any patch or script who can make Digitakt 16-sampleslot machine? (disable midi slots)

2. or this feature may be implemented in future software update?

Thank you!

No.

No.

8 Likes

That would be simply impossible for the hardware to handle :slight_smile:
Good news is that you can solve this by adding a second digitakt :wink:

9 Likes

You could fake this with midi loopback if you feel inclined

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/midi-loopback/41130/14

That still won’t give you 16 audio tracks. :wink:

3 Likes

:grin:

Yeah it would be nice if they built in standard way to use some of the midi tracks as choke groups for the actual sample tracks.

4 Likes

Not possible. DT have 8 monophonic channels which means each channel can play one note per time. So assigning midi channel to play for example on channel A will cut sample on channel A each time you trigger from midi Channel. So exact same result you will receive with parameter locking for start and end of sample to play with different chokes.
Cheers
Seb

You’d need to add another device. Digitakt, Octatrack, Model:Samples, Blackbox, MPC, etc…

Or buy Machinedrum UW+ :wink:

Good news you can add any other sampler (vintage akai, ensoniq, yamaha or roland, or iPad ) and use its power as additional 8 tracks, polyphonic if you like.

With iPad I think it’s super cool since you can connect it via usb and have midi coming to iPad and audio coming from it at the same time without any additional connectors. Haven’t tried it yet but I guess it will work.

2 Likes

Or even better for me, connect USB to a computer with a session of compatible DAW and you have every samples, synth or FX you want via overbridge.

2 Likes