Midi controller for OT

Hi mate!

How did you to manage the different volume tracks with the nano? Yesterday I was trying to do that, but the nano editor doesn’t let me to manage independent midi channels for any of the faders or different buttons, only the row knobs seem to be editable

hi franq,

too long ago, sorry…
what I can do is to send you over my setup.

It will show you how to do it.
I do manage volume and solo /mute with my nano.

edit: and effect sends!

regards
Oliver

1 Like

I would be very grateful :innocent:

1 Like

will do that in the evening = 8 hours or so :slight_smile:

thanks faktoid :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah they’re great duo, love their music, specially my avatar album

edit: @faktoid finally did it! It was a problem of not doing the correct setup in ableton, finally it works

thanks anyway! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OT NanoKontrol2.nktrl2_data (403 Bytes)

I uloaded the config file…
If you don’t need it, maybe it is for someone else of use :slight_smile:
regards

oliver

For those of you using a midi controller (with OT) that does not have endless encoders, how are you getting along with the inevitable parameter jumps you get every time you change machines, parts, or fx, then tweak your knob? Honestly I cannot even imagine working this way… For me the only options are controllers with endless encoders (MF Twister, Faderfox UC-4, etc) that can be updated with the OT’s send all CCs message.

One of the best things I did for myself with the OT was get a nice midi controller. The midi controller allows me to tweak all my track simultaneously. I usually use a looper on each track that allows me to create breaks.

what’s your controller of choice?

I use the launchcontrol xl with iconnectmidi4

1 Like

Yeah, can see how that augments the Octatrack nicely… Just got a Faderfox UC4 recently, as I’m short on space – IF I end up getting another OT, really looking forward to having track faders and a few knobs to access at all times!

The faderfox is a nice controller I was seriously thinking about getting that but since I already had the iconnectmidi4 I went with the launchcontrol. Plus CALC did all the mapping.

1 Like

Do you use the controller with a DAW? I am staying away from computers for my setup. I have a Squarp Pyramid, could it do the same thing as the LaunchControl XL?

1 Like

I never use a computer for live performance. The computer is only a studio tool for me.The controller is going into the iconnectmidi4 then straight midi out to the OT. The OT sends clock to all her friends. No connection to the computer needed.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the Pyramid. Looks like the Pyramid can do a lot of interesting things.

The Pyramid can control OT and external midi, but it does not have as many knobs, or the faders, of the Launch Control XL. The Pyramid seems more focused on sequencing, where the Launch Control XL could be used to tweak stuff during play.

1 Like

How do like the Pyramid? I’m intrigued.

I have enjoyed it so far. I have only been making music for a couple of months, and I have never made music before. So feel like I do not have a great depth of knowledge with which to judge it.

I like that it controls a lot of midi devices, it feels like it could be the center of my setup. I like that it is easy to jump around between instruments and make changes. I like the midi FXs. They can be chained and edited later. I like the Euclidean step mode.

I wish the pads had velocity sensors. I wish the pads had more colors to show different modes/states.

Squarp seem really dedicated to updating the software. That is one of the reasons I bought it.

You might want to receive in-depth opinion on this dedicated thread :slight_smile:

1 Like