MIDI CC roundtrip

I have my Digitone set up to sequence an Opsix (I guess I just like FM), while the Opsix keyboard also triggers the DN, via a MIDIHub.

I set the Opsix to local control off, so that MIDI notes only come from the DN – either from the sequencer, or a roundtrip through the DN when played live on the Opsix. However, Korg made an odd choice with regard to its local-off implementation: the operator controls are also considered “local” and disabled, making sound design less than ideal.

If Korg disables those knobs and faders in local off mode, they are presumably sending MIDI CCs, so what I think I need to do is to get the DN to listen to them and then roundtrip them back, just like I’m already doing with notes. I’m just not sure how I’d do that!

1 Like

I found a solution.

I created a new pipe in the MidiHub editor that takes the output of the Opsix, filters out everything except for the MIDI CCs for the operator controls… and then just feeds it right back into the Opsix, skipping the roundtrip through the Digitone that the other MIDI data takes.

Works like a charm.

2 Likes