Micromonsta 2

I’ve been out of town, so sorry I didn’t get back, but glad you figured it out!

And yes! The MM2 single-handedly works as justification for all sorts of MPE toys. I was on the fence with keeping the Linnstrument, but the MM2 MPE beta cam out at the same time, I wired up a few CS-80 homages and it’s been bliss since.

If I were at all proficient with a keyboard, I’d be eying an Osmose, too. Looks like a goddamned miracle of modern engineering. But yeah, would instantly throw out the EganMatrix right and hard-wire an MM2. It’s a real shame the built-in engine doesn’t seem to be very editable without a PC, and the Micromonsta fixes that right up.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Not sure how to embed video.
Did not fallow the sound design video you linked. Just went off the words ‘sci-fi’ and ‘alien’ in my own way. Was probably alot more fun to make then sounds good.
Hope to do more videos and launch the YouTube channel in the future.

6 Likes

Very cool sounds! I especially like those at around 1:30 and 5:30. Is SP-404 also doing some effects or is it only midi controller? Thank you very much for this and good luck with the channel!

Thank you, the Sp404 is just midi and audio interface. Accidently had the vinyl sim(crackle pops) and compressor on, but shouldn’t have effected the sound too much. All the reverb and delays are all the Monsta!

I’ve been getting reacquainted with the MM2 lately and I’m reading this thread upside-down (don’t know why I didn’t just start from the beginning!). Thanks for this idea! I picked up a 7" GPS case for cheap and it’s great! It has a little spare room, but I can fit cables and adapters in the space.

I’m really enjoying this synth again. I never stopped liking it, but was focusing on other instruments. There’s one small detail that’s working out great for me: both the MM2 and the M8 tracker have type A MIDI TRS wiring, so it’s so nice to simply use a TRS cable to connect them. No adapters needed! I’m liking this portable setup of the M8 and the MM2 – so much power and it fits in my backpack! Amazing.

I’m really liking FM and filter FM on this box. So many timbres to explore

9 Likes

Or maybe never say never I guess…

How about a 7-note button keyboard with scales, octave shift and 1-button chord modes?
No sequencer (no way), no hold mode (not fun AT ALL) but a fun little keyboard easy to trigger (I believe) and play.

Working on this for 2 days and I think I have something acceptable UI-wise.
What I can’t do is have settings per preset, this has to be global but still better than nothing I guess?

Not finished but… promising

29 Likes

YES!

Oh thank you

[Edit: those features sound good. I would use it mostly for sound design, so I don’t think hold mode is essential, but can you say something about what makes it difficult?]

3 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

Not difficult, but it’s a single held note OR a button-keyboard with scales, chords, etc… I won’t do both
My choice is done (and it’s not the easiest one…)
I have too much fun playing with this to downgrade to a single note or chord…

15 Likes

I can totally live with that!

Okay, I get it. And that is the right choice for me, even though I would have been happy had you just announced a single held note.

1 Like

Micromonsta 2 is already one of my fav synths sound AND UI-wise, with that addition it will be probably become my solo travel companion too :blue_heart:

Sound design without any other distraction FTW!

5 Likes

Adding being able to play notes will be a game changer

3 Likes

Where do I pay?

1 Like

Right now you just get firmware, no hardware.

This is exciting!!! Micromonsta 2 continues to be my top go to synth!

3 Likes

You’re going to make lots of people happy!! Even a single note trigger would have been great. Thank you!

1 Like

@elektrosamplist
So just to be clear because I got lost in the excitement.
Are we talking about a firmware update where the white buttons on the bottom can be used as a “major key locked in scale keyboard” for testing sounds? Or are we talking about a MM3 with an added row of keyboard buttons?

Sorry I might’ve misread.

A firmware update that will, when installed on MM2, make another row of button appear beneath the existing one.
Code graciously generated with the help of AI

Sorry, I had to do it :sweat_smile:
No MM3 in the works.

14 Likes