Micromonsta 2

You’re going to make lots of people happy!! Even a single note trigger would have been great. Thank you!

1 Like

@elektrosamplist
So just to be clear because I got lost in the excitement.
Are we talking about a firmware update where the white buttons on the bottom can be used as a “major key locked in scale keyboard” for testing sounds? Or are we talking about a MM3 with an added row of keyboard buttons?

Sorry I might’ve misread.

A firmware update that will, when installed on MM2, make another row of button appear beneath the existing one.
Code graciously generated with the help of AI

Sorry, I had to do it :sweat_smile:
No MM3 in the works.

14 Likes

Yeah that’s what I understood, just wanted to make sure.
I was tripped by “Right now you just get firmware, no hardware.” comment.

Awesome! Now I’m glad I lost the chance to buy one :))

Will wait patiently :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if that was clear enough, there is no MM3 approaching, MM2 is still alive and we’ll keep selling/updating it in the future.
New batch : end of the year.

11 Likes

Sorry, I meant that to be a light-hearted reference to the fact that (as you well know, I’m sure) one cannot buy a MM2 at this instant.

1 Like

Also, you might make fun of AI but I was actually trying to make an ADSR enevelope in iOS so I can hook it up to an AVAudioPlayerNode and ChatGPT gave me a really nice solution. Which works with a bit of adapting.

Not at all, this is a very powerful bit of kit, that, when used in good context, can bring some nice results.
But this won’t replace a human brain when it comes to managing a project and dealing with UI/UX issues.

I’ve used it last week to generate some javascript code (I am not familiar with this at all), and it really helped me, but I had to learn javascript to fix its code (bugs) and deal with advanced stuff that it is not capable to solve.
It’s indeed fantastic in good hands.

4 Likes

OK this is for real now.
I need a couple testers before going public, preferably with previous firmware update experience.
PM please

17 Likes

Ah man, what the keyboard/scales/chords add to the MM2 is simply insane! Really makes it the designated noodling device for me.

@elektrosamplist made a truly great machine even better!

8 Likes

any idea when we will see the official update?

1 Like

Now:

34 Likes

Yessssss!!!:clap:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

1 Like

It works very well, and it’s even better that what I could have hoped: many thanks for that :heart:

Scales, chord, latch (when using arpeggiator), everything’s there!

6 Likes

@elektrosamplist Thanks for this really useful update. Now we need chord and scale mode for incoming MIDI too :wink:

1 Like

Or ask your KB manufacturer to implement those :yum:

10 Likes

Update went smooth as usual. Very easy to access the keyboard feature. As the updated manual states, it does have its limitations, but it adds such an easy way to trigger your patches. This is an epic update!

3 Likes

This is fantastic! Newb here - I’m trying to learn how to create sounds on mine - could you please share how you did these, or the patches or something?

Could someone make a video showing the new keyboard feature?

Hey mate. Trying to install your new update from MacBook. followed the instructions on the web link but getting the error message, “Failed to access MIDI. Please check your MIDI setup.” Any idea how to fix? TY.