Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

That would be awesome. If he started doing deluxe versions of his pedals, made them stereo, and made them a little bigger to add more functionality/knobs that would be great.

2 Likes

I have sold a couple of his pedals because it was pain to flip those tiny switches on the back of them. The usability just wore me out, haha.

1 Like

Any news/reviews/videos on that very juicy device?

I want to hear some demos of it with synths. I have an Infinite Jets, and while it sounds great on guitar and drum hits, I had a hard time getting that glitchy dreamy quality that it has on guitar. It takes quite a bit of playing with line levels and ā€œsyncingā€ it to the dynamics of synths.

The microcosm does sound heavenly thoughā€¦ my poor wallet.

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™ve also yet to really gel with Infinite Jets, although I mostly bought it for piano loops in the Cabinet of Curiosities vein anyway. Some interesting bits with Lyra-8 and Monomachine but making it work in a predictable way in my usage is still a work in progress.

Will now try to stay away from this thread though to avoid GAS.

1 Like

My feeling: they learned quite a but und optimized their product, especially with synth in Mond (I hope).

But lets wait for them reviews!

Mine came in today; I only had a little time to play around with it, but my initial impression was: ā€œWow.ā€ Iā€™ll try to post something more expansive than that, maybe with some sound clips, in a few days, once I am more familiar with it.

8 Likes

For anyone curiousā€¦ or waiting on their own pre-order, Hologram released a manual about a week ago. Itā€™s definitely worth a read, especially the (incredibly well-specified) MIDI implementation, and the varieties of ways the looper can be employed.

Microcosm manual

3 Likes

Hi there,
Iā€™m heavily GASing for this pedal. Would you care posting a video or sound examples?
Cheers

I havenā€™t had time to sit down and record anything in a thoughtful way yet, but a friend of mine did a Twitch livestream on the Microcosm yesterday: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/627939635

2 Likes

first time Ive ever pre-ordered anything, canā€™t wait to get it through.

2 Likes

download

hi,
It is a very beautiful machine to anticipate creation. But the regret is there.
Why on such perfected cases, the trigger releases are foot switches ā€¦

1 Like

Judging from the Manual it looks possible to sync timing with an external clock sent via MIDI, but I canā€™t be sure loop recording can be triggered using MIDI CC (or something).
Could any of the happy owners confirm this is possible?
(Iā€™d like to trigger loop recording from a MIDI track of my MonoMachine)

1 Like

Look over that manual I linked. The looper, and everything else, has extremely well-specā€™d MIDI. I havenā€™t tried triggering looping from an external source, but all of the pieces are there.

2 Likes

That would be Looper Record CC# 28 (0-127).
Just not sure how well it works. I own a TimeFactor, that also has massive MIDI implementation, but triggering loop record from the MnM is quite wacky.

Thanks for the stream!
Non-guitar videos of this pedal are scarce on the web.
And thanks for the insight regarding the loop record trigger.
:+1:

Hereā€™s a thread on TGP that has some nice demos

Anyone touch the midi program change features yet? Iā€™ve been trying to figure it out with my Digitone and keystep but so far I think I might need a midi hub to integrate it with the rest of my of synths. I currently have it mixed through a portastudio 414 aux send/return and it works great for splitting my digitone (headphone) and guitar (eqd swiss things) from my main mixer.

Things Iā€™ll be testing out with Digitone

• looper record/play CC w/parameter lock so I can make seamless guitar/bass loops
  • a loop station bank for navigating presets, copying/pasting etc
  • CC shift function, fx, filter and mix as a template for new patterns
  • recalling user presets from microcosm program change on digitone if possible?

Midi mapping is still pretty new to me and there isnā€™t much input on the midi charts from other users yet. The DT and DN seems like it would be the perfect match for this pedal if you put aside all the feedback from the gear page

1 Like

So excited for this! Can it do CV? Cheers!

Iā€™ve got an email that theyā€™re back in stock.