Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

Microcosm rearranges and reinterprets your sound in new and exciting ways using a variety of granular sampling, delay, and looping techniques. Cascading microloops can be locked into tight tap-tempo synced rhythms, diffused into glacial ambient textures, woven into hypnotic drones, and much more.

Microcosm’s 11 groundbreaking effects (with a total of 44 preset variations) allow you to slice, stretch, rearrange, and manipulate your playing in musical ways. Tweak the sound further using Microcosm’s built-in pitch modulation, lush stereo reverb (with 4 selectable modes), and resonant lowpass filter.

​When you’ve found a sound you like, the built-in stereo phrase looper can capture up to 60 seconds of your performance and even allows for layering phrases from different effects. All loops, overdubs, and settings can be saved and recalled later using the pedal’s 16 user presets.

FEATURE OVERVIEW

• 11 unique granular and looping effects with 44 preset variations
  • Stereo Input/Output
  • Expression Input, mappable to many controls
  • MIDI In/Out/Thru, clock synchronization
  • 60 sec. Phrase Looper with many configuration options
  • 16 User Preset slots for saving loops and settings
  • Stereo Reverb (with 4 reverb styles)
  • “Hold” sampler function to freeze effects and patterns
  • Adjustable Pitch Modulation
  • Resonant Lowpass Filter
  • Choose between True Bypass Switching / Buffered Bypass with trails
  • Tap Tempo
22 Likes

Looking real nice! Stereo inputs too.

1 Like

Yeah, the stereo part is very intriguing to me. So many pedals I would buy in a heartbeat if they were stereo. And besides the cool glitch, loop, delay modes, etc., this one seems to pack a lot in as well with the reverb, the resonant low pass filter, and pitch modulation. Also has midi. this one ticks a lot of boxes for me.

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing it on beats

3 Likes

I literally just got the Infinite Jets (don’t even have power for it yet) thru this forum and you’re already ”pulling me back in”, ha! Will keep an eye on this for sure, although I’m actually happy that first teaser didn’t blow me away. It’s got potential for sure.

2 Likes

This like is chase bliss mood on steroids, way better in my opinion

Love that you can sample a loop and save it for later as a preset

4 Likes

ohh… that is sweet!!! The only bad thing is the April wait time!

6 Likes

amazing…

:yum:

1 Like

This sounds great. I’d love to see someone run a monomachine through it, I think it would sound really nice

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist, I just preordered. Will probably end up selling my zoia to fund it as I haven’t had the time to really dive into the zoia like i wanted to. It’s an amazing pedal, but the microcosm seems like it can do most of the things I wanted to do on the zoia but haven’t been able to figure out yet. haha.

5 Likes

Kinda has a knobby kaoss pad 3 feeling in some ways/features. Sounds like it could be a dope master effect + looper/sampler thingy, very intrigued!

are there any pictures of the back? I looked on the site/product page and only see the face. It’s pretty important for me to see the layout on the back before I would consider dropping $449 on it. I have a tight rig and cabling layout is paramount.

I think they posted more photos on instgram.

1 Like

Here it is, took a screen shot.

6 Likes

Nice! thanks!!

1 Like

I wonder if it’s better to order from their online store (I’m located in Italy) or wait for a local reseller to have it in stock…
Suggestions?

Sounds amazing! I regret for my MOOD now :confused:

I really like how it looks aesthetically, but its vibe is too clean imo. It sounds a lot like a C&G Organelle to me. I’d dig this more if it sounded lo-fi, and had analog components (like OTO devices) to add character.

2 Likes