MFB Dominion Club

Thanks for the details. I wonder how musicstore.de packages their stuff

Oh this little box is a killer

1 Like

It does lack the fm/RM capabilities of the dominion 1. Only reason why I wonā€™t be getting one as those are the two most important things for me live :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a very cool little box though. Not much can compete at that price point.

2 Likes

Dave whatā€™s RM? I wish I had keyboard rack space for a DOM1 but the only solution is to get another 3 tier rackā€¦hahah

:smiley: maybe get a higher rack? :wink:

RM = ring modulation. Dominion 1 has one analog and two digital ring modulators. Really great. The combination of FM, RM and sync gives really cool possibilities.

2 Likes

Dominion Club has FM for the third oscillator and has XOR as well! The state variable filter is really tasty as well.

N.

1 Like

Whatā€™s XOR?

XOR is ring mod via osc 1 and 2.

N.

2 Likes

Oh yeah you are right! My bad :slight_smile: shouldā€™ve read the manual :slight_smile:

Hmm, does make it more interesting. Although it is a bit fiddly, I love how compact it is

1 Like

Good combo right there tanzamuas and club

1 Like

I ended up ordering another one of these from Juno again earlier this week. I told myself Iā€™d get the Toraiz AS-1 instead (which I did), and that would be it for me because I have too many mono synths. But who am I to tell myself when I have too many mono synths. I obviously donā€™t, considering I bought this in actuality. You donā€™t often find synths with a morphing analog filter, and bit-crushed digital FM oscillator.

Did you call or order through the website? When is it shipping to you? Iā€™ll be in Bulgaria and Greece in two weeks. If I see one at any of their music shoppes then Iā€™m buying it and hoping i get a VAT stamp. I have a prophet 6 already I can play in mono mode. This dominion club is a different beast. Any word on the Jomox bro?

Iā€™ve been seeing them occasionally pop up every so often on their site. You just gotta keep checking. They had 2, and I was tempted to order both. Juno seems to be getting them sooner than everyone else. Jomox is a big mystery to me. I keep thinking it will be soon, but Iā€™ve seen some places advertise December for expected ship dates.

1 Like

Just for the record:

I have 2 Dominion Clubs
They are VERY fun in combo with both the MPC live and digitakt. Especially the digitakt because of p-locks. Very full CC implementation is very much appreciated, as is patch storage.

If thereā€™s ever a dominion poly I will be ready to buy it in a heartbeat.

Oh, and I was concerned about all the little buttons but I assure you that the club is very quick to get things done with only a max of 2 button presses + a knob movement to set values. I got very comfy with it inside and out within a couple days. I donā€™t use the sequencer, but it is literally the only feature I donā€™t use. I have too many sequencers already, and nothing beats the elektron sequencers anyway imo.

4 Likes

A DT controlling 2 Dominion Clubs mixed through the DTā€™s audio inputs sounds like a very enjoyable thing.

1 Like

Yeah I love mine, and for sure an MFB poly would go straight on my GAS list!

One thing Iā€™ve noticed with the Club is that program changes are not quite as snappy as would like ā€“ it introduces a short gap while the new patch is coming in (maybe 1/16th).

2 Likes

How do people rate the Dominion Club sound in terms of warmth?

Iā€™ve heard many discouraging things bout these boxes like osc detuning etc. Have yours been doing OK all till now?

Itā€™s been quiet on Gearslutz about this box lately so thatā€™s a good sign.

True!