MDEdit : MachineDrum Editor and Librarian

Registered !

1 Like

rejistered

2 Likes

Will wait for the VST. Good luck !

2 Likes

just registered as well, very excited for this!

1 Like

I bet after being hands on with a Monomachine for a bit you would change your mind :wink:

Youā€™re on. How much?

Spoiler: Iā€™ve owned six. Plenty of flight time. Just not a box for me.

3 Likes

Edit: Facebook page (Kinda just a temp holder for now)

Woot. Up to 17 so far \o/

Yes, good idea; as I may have to strip some functionality back a bit for DAW compatibility / limitations; so will focus standalone first as more flexible.

Register me, no Facebook. Asking price 79 bucks is totally fine. Iā€™t blow the rust from those old boxes for sure.

1 Like

3 Likes

Don.e

1 Like

Signed up as well. Mostly interested in the VST/AU version but OSX standalone will also be very much appreciated. Looks really exciting so far!

2 Likes

On preorder list. (Likely wrong threadā€¦ but) is there a list/timeframe for official OctaEdit v2?

1 Like

Entered to support the cause, although Iā€˜m mainly interested in VST/AU DAW integration (Cubase & Logic).

Additional thoughts:

• $79 might be too much money for a lot if potential customers considering a not yet existing product.

• DAW integration might be THE killer feature. In a studio setup anyway!

• For standalone, be prepared to be asked for an iOS app because users who like to work with standalone probably dislike adding a computer to their setup.

1 Like

This looks very promising. Nice work! Looking forward to release ā€¦

1 Like

MDEdit exists and is in a Beta state, so the correct terminology I should be using is ā€œEarly Accessā€ (not pre-order)

Core functionality already exists; midi import / export, editing, core sequencer, parameter locks etc. There is some additional functionality to add, a bunch of testing etc.

Iā€™ve updated links; landing page etc. to clear up any confusion.

Not a dig at you; just me clarifying :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Sweet. As mentioned; focus on standalone; then strip back functionality for VST/AU; due to the various DAWā€™s.

I think there are other / better killer features; but that is just me.

Of course.

2 Likes

Keeping a close eye on this. Best of luck @Rusty! Iā€™ll be waiting on the vst, as well as more funds after a recent purchase.

2 Likes

Maybe you should do a survey to clarify what features are most important for existing and potential customers.

hey there!
are there any news?? :slight_smile:

Not really Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™ve been AFK quite a bit over the last few weeks due to personal / medical reasons; so havenā€™t got much done tbh.
I just finished up upgrading OSā€™s, IDEā€™s, dev tools etc. Dealing with some of Appleā€™s breaking changings right now, so getting back into the swing of it all again.

Not like Iā€™ve done any advertising or anything; but there is interest from about 57 people for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the reply!

no worries, man - take the time you need! :slight_smile:
you are doing a good thing for the community, so thank you in advance :pray:

get well soon :v:

1 Like