MDEdit : MachineDrum Editor and Librarian

Really. lookin forward to this, Rusty :slight_smile:

Woop woop

1 Like

Yeah totally bad ass dude. If I used the computer more I would def get. Still very tempted anyway b/c the md has always been my #1 box.

2 Likes

If you are still looking for beta testers I have a MacBook Pro 13ā€ retina, MD UW+ and a TM-1. I also have a windows 10 machine as well.

Did you make any changes to the 5 stock machines that come with MD? Algorith changes to the compressor, reverb, delay, or eq?

Also, your saying you can record everything pretty much. Can you record a total mangled up control all moment and play it back?

Iā€™ve been a bit sick lately; and have a couple of personal things going on; so havenā€™t done any OctaEdit / MDEdit / etc. related coding or testing or anything for more or less a week or so now; hence no updates.

No, that would require a new OS.

3 Likes

Pretty exciting software Rusty
Keep up the good work (and work life balance)

Cheers

1 Like

What does that mean?

3 Likes

Haha - put yourself, your wife and the cat first.

Then work. like a slave to the Elektronaut swarm lol

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon and everything sorted out quickly.

If youā€™re still looking for betas, I can offer you a Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MKII + TM1 with a Win10 (64bit) machine with Ableton 10 (64bit).

1 Like

Cats, wife, self. Thatā€™s the pecking order.

For the time being; changes may be afootā€¦

Thanks. Getting better slowly. Everything else will take a while to sort out :expressionless:

3 Likes

Just to knock out the necessary dialogueā€¦

Ryan: What do you have planned?

Rusty: Iā€™m not at liberty to discuss things at this point in time.

Cryptic language is agony for naturally curious people

2 Likes

Do you really want to know?

1 Like

About backing the project and saving you headaches about hunting jobs: count me in.

2 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what it is, but I feel inclined to kickstart it tonight

4 Likes

Yeah, letā€™s kickstart this thing @Rusty. Iā€™ll put it this way, I have little time with two kids and a full time job. The library function alone would help my workflow efficiency so much and time is money. So take some of my money!

4 Likes

Hey !

Did you planned to develop and to gave us an option to chromaticaly play MD from a keyboard ?
Track by track as a normal synth ?
(For the key tunable machines for sure efm for example)

Even if not Iā€™m really okay to be a part of your ā€œrabbit beta testerā€ MKiiuw+ x tm1 x Mbp 2012 :smile:

1 Like

Not specifically; but that can theoretically be done. Will add it to the feature request list.

3 Likes

Rusty:

• OctaEdit v2 [Beta]
  • MDEdit [Beta]
  • AREdit [Beta OSv1.45 | Alpha OSv1.50]
  • A4Edit [Beta OSv1.24 | Alpha OSv1.40]
  • MMEdit [Alpha]
  • DTEdit [PoC]
  • DNEdit [PoC]
  • Hardware [SS]
  • Web Platform [SS]
  • I have a number of other things; that are all in a PoC / Alpha stateā€¦ some of these there are ā€œinterestingā€; some are for my own amusement etc.; some may see the light of day in 2020; who knows?

Legend:

• Beta: Fully working. Sorting out all the bugs; UI, process flows etc.
  • Alpha: Working; but a lot of work to sort out still.
  • PoC: Proof of Concept. Theoretically works; requires hardware to fully test / bunch more time.
  • SS: Secret Squirrel. Canā€™t / wonā€™t comment on these.

Other Stuff

Somewhere in there I will be setting up a new company (post OctaEdit v2 / MDEdit) to be an umbrella for all of these; OctaEdit and MDEdit will be migrated (branding, licensing etc.) under there; with some other interesting stuff coming as well.

Iā€™m also picking up my Masters again; as I feel my lack of a degree is hampering me with job hunting.

All of this naturally is reliant on appropriate funding / income to be able to finish everything; justify the time and energy spent designing; developing; testing and supporting it all.

tl;dr:

Hope that removes all crypticness, answers all your questions; and relieves your agony @Ryan ? :slight_smile:

Edit: Kind of feel that this would be best served in itā€™s own thread; but a bit weird being on an Elektron forum :expressionless:

14 Likes

Yeah, definitely keep on working on the degrees. I just started my doctorate program. Itā€™s rough with a full time 12hr rotating shift job, full time family, with a part time hobby. Itā€™s really tough but it can be it can be done. Itā€™s extremely gratifying when completed, especially when you get the great job that comes from all of the hard work youā€™ve put into it.

Just keep on going man.

3 Likes