MDEdit : MachineDrum Editor and Librarian

MDEdit would be so useful to me right now! @Rusty is there any way to get in now? I’d be happy to pay and help out with some testing if you’d like! Got a gig soon and would love to sort out some patterns and such. Please let me know if this would be possible Rusty! All the best, S

Is MDEdit still alive?

1 Like

It is sitting here not doing much as I have other priorities that need to be actioned first: Medical, Employment, Masters, OctaEdit v2. Theoretically would not take me that long to move from beta to release candidate; but as above, there are more important things in life, so they are taking priority.

8 Likes

Yes please! OS X Catalina 10.15.7 would it work?

Has this been released yet?

Yes

No. Already done first round of beta testing. Primarily just waiting on dust to settle on OctaEdit v2 and Machinedrum OS X.04 first.

2 Likes

Will it enable multitrack recording for each track like OB? :thinking:

No; how would it achieve that without appropriate connectivity?

16 tracks over 6 outputs doesn’t work.

Still waiting for the iOS app :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok! Cool, I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks for answer!
Getting Octa edit soon.

I have to go through like 8 snapshots, picking out all my favourite patterns and kits, to put into one snapshot… any chance I could beta this? Would pay, and I’m a software developer so my bug reports would be useful :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d like to test MDEdit as well :wink: but have you tried c6? It made the process of me doing the exact same thing much less painful than on-device…

2 Likes

Can I move kits and patterns from snapshot to snapshot in C6?? Oh man, gonna go look at that now, I thought it only did entire snapshots…

Of course, and you don’t even have to be in the Sysex menu on the MD to receive the sysex. Just go to Globals > File > Sysex Send to send to the computer. Details are in the manual :wink:

One thing I learned - use either TM-1 or a dedicated MIDI interface. Not a patchbay style one. Otherwise errors ahoy …

If you have TM-1 and are transferring a lot of data, enable TURBO on the MD first to speed up sending sysex to the computer.

3 Likes

What a great post, thank you - I had a TM-1 sitting next to me I completely forgot about until you mentioned it

1 Like

I’m actually tweaking some of the core code today / making some breaking changes to support X04 and some other stuff and things.

So not right now / will have to go through another cycle.

I’m sure they would be awesome. I’ll probably (i.e. I will) forget, so keep an eye on the topic, and as/when I update something remind me?

4 Likes

Pretty much anything apart from a single parameter can be Copied / Pasted / Saved to the Library / Loaded from the Library; if you peek at OctaEdit’s Library module/implementation, squint, and imagine the same for a Machinedrum, you’d get the right idea.

2 Likes

Awesome, are you planning on an integration via Megacommand, TM-1 or both? ^^

Neither / Both / All.

Working on supporting OSv1.63 and X.04 for all models simultaneously, regardless of model, or midi capabilities.

4 Likes

First time i have read about this; been working hard with MegaCommandLive for the last half year or so, building units like my a** was on fire for other people. But this looks like an outstanding application, well done! MCL and this - Machinedrum, the best drum machine created, is very much alive and kicking, no doubt about it! :smiley:

Registered for the mailing list, i need to get in on this. I would definately pay for a VST version or whatever; look at the interest that MCL stirred up in the community. I´m just a sole builder, one of many, and i´ve built a sh*tload of units. And for the tiny amount of cash you´re asking (80 bucks, wasn´t it?) you will probably sell a LOT of licenses, if the software if good enough, well tested and brings something new to the table.

I admit; i haven´t read up on the details but just skimming them makes me all excited. I´d love to help out with beta testing but i´m late in the game so i realize i shouldn´t hope for too much. But don´t rush the process, dp it proper and good, ansd you will have a success in your hands. Testing, testing, testing so the bugs don´t fck sht up for you.

I wish you the bestest wishes with this precious software, amazed how inventive and skilled people are… but the machine is totally worth it and my heart goes out to you and everyone that does things like this!

2 Likes