MDEdit : MachineDrum Editor and Librarian

Just signed up for the mailing list. MCL + x.04 user here, please let me have access asap!

2021 08 24 Update:

Given the release today of X.05, Iā€™m going to go add support for that first. So back to the drawing board as it were :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think keeping up with that dev crew will keep your hands full.

any update on the availability or is this DOA?

On hold / wonā€™t be released until I release OctaEdit v2.

a) There are some changes in OctaEdit / apis / libraries that will propagate into MDEdit.

b) People would yell at me for doing so; and I donā€™t need that stress / headache.

1 Like

Ruuuuuussty. Come on you legend, this is too good to sit on. If I send you beer will it speed it up?

Imagine the abuse Iā€™d cop if I pushed this out before OctaEdit v2?

But imagine the praise, too.

6 Likes

Pffft. Who cares about the OT?!

(Well, actually Iā€™ve been holding off on Octaedit ever since I heard thereā€™s a V2 in the works, so Iā€™ll happily send 2 cases of beer).

Abuse outweighs praise :expressionless:

We donā€™t hear the abuse, so its of no concern to us :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

guess this is on hold, isnā€™t it?

There is/has been a complete rewrite; to factor in OSX changes, and the awesome work of the [redacted] development team. Supports OSv1.63 and X.nn

There are a couple of other things, but I am not in a position to say much more at the moment.

10 Likes

I will be a paying customer when it is ready!

When this is released I will definitely pay, what a great tool. Thanks Rusky for putting in the time and effort.
Any idea on when it will be finished?
My email is registered.

Hi,
Just here to show some support to @Rusty
Really hoping you can soon share this with the world.
What a huge and great project!
Thanks a lot for your dedication!

2 Likes

I too would love to be a paying customer when you have time to release this tool into our eager hands :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve only just noticed this project somehow! Does it have a way to save sounds in to a big library and then assign to active kit? As for my uses the only thing Iā€™m missing is a sound library.

Thanks and best of luck with the development

Amazing idea! Hope it gets released soon! Itā€™s instant buy for me. Since itā€™s not ready would perhaps consider releasing partial functionality! I would die for librarian.

Using the MD as sound base for a new sampler is awesome, love to have multiple MDs in a way ā€¦ and the new software sounds exciting too!
And megacommand on top. Good times!