Max Marco

@defenestration I’m not sure if you still use the octatrack but your YouTube videos are the reason I gave the machine a second chance. Now, I hold it as my favorite piece of gear of all time. I hope the pandemic has not effed up your groove. I’m writing this to express my gratitude. Thanks so much.

53 Likes

I agree! His vids were an inspiration for me as well. I especially remember loving the comb filter synthesis vid. All around cool dude

6 Likes

But he told us to NOT buy the OT! :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I’ll just add my 2 cents and say that my experience was similar.
I was on the edge if the OT was really worth the money and his/your extensive videos convinced me it is, rightly so.

As @mrcrappypantson said, I hope the pandemic didn’t mess with your life and that all is good. Big thanks from me too!

2 Likes

I agree. I’ve learn’t so much not just about the Octatrack but also the Monomachine and Machinedrum. Thank you so much and I hope all is well.

1 Like

Thanks for that Post. I was just Yesterday thinking about max and scrolling through his vids on yt. Big shout out to him and his work on the machines. Hope he is doing fine too…

1 Like

This was his last YT video.

He was last seen here a year ago.

Pretty worrying… Or he managed to free himself from the Internet!

5 Likes

I want to know where he went!

1 Like

When I (repeat) bought Octatracks it was alway Max Marco videos that I sought and watched before hitting the buy button.

I’m not a user anymore but I occasionally watch his videos and start wondering again.

I do hope he’s safe and well. Just checked his Patreon page and the last post there was March 2020.

I’m also starting to feel anxious about this.

4 Likes

Love those videos. Hope he’s fine and still hammering the boxes.

Joining the chorus. Show us a sign, please, @defenestration.
There’s a lot of love on these here boards!

3 Likes

Hope, he is healthy and well!

Really - miss his videos.
Especially all the silver box stuff.

For me, he will be MR. MACHINEDRUM forever!!!

6 Likes

His videos helped me dig in and understand the use of a lot of the functions of the octatrack. He taught me how, not just to use the octatrack, but to love the octatrack. I hope he is well. I know a lot of have had to adjust our priorities over the last year or so.

1 Like

Hope he is ok, seems like he last liked a comment on one of his youtube videos 8 months ago.

1 Like

I actually hit him up on Facebook back in September because of similar experiences/concerns… he said he had some life changes that took him out of the groove and needed to figure out a space to get things going again. Still hoping for the comeback!

19 Likes

The Machinedrum RULEZ!!! While the Analog Rytm…

Rules more?

4 Likes

Clearly somebody didn’t pay attention to the video… :slight_smile:

1 Like

He did, but also loves it. I found that vid pretty funny.

Yeah, it was one of those I watched before buying it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like