Free Sample Pack Challenge ๐Ÿ† Show me what you got! (+ Octatrack session)

Thank you very much @LyingDalai, @mrcrappypantson and MadisonSounds!

3 Likes

Great initiative for this days :hugs:
I join :love_you_gesture:

7th day of lockdown, due to covid-19 #fuckcoronavirus

7 Likes

Iโ€™m newbie but will try to do something
Great tracks here

2 Likes

Hey! Iโ€™m just a newbie, but Iโ€™ve had a lot of fun with this one. @defenestration, thank you for the pack and for the initiative!

Only samples from the pack. Iโ€™ve used a digitakt and a nord electro (only as a midi controller).

4 Likes

hi my track
using only sample from the pack and only Octatrack.
Will do a video if i can tomorrow

2 Likes

I totally dropped the ball on this. I guess I still have a day or so left. Thereโ€™s a chance I could get some crap put together.

Only samples from the pack were used in the Octatrack (do I love this machine!)

I tried the video thing, but I still have some work in this regard, so audio only this is.
:thinking:

Thanks again Marco for the good time I spent on this one! :thup:

5 Likes

Deadline is extended to may 20th
Looking forward to listen all the tracks

1 Like

Woohoo. Iโ€™m going to get my octatrack on this weekend for this challenge.

And the winner isโ€ฆ :grin:

Update : Ohโ€ฆ Didnโ€™t see that new deadline :sunglasses:

OK - Iโ€™m in. Hereโ€™s my entry. I probably went a little overboard on the distortion / lo-fi effect, but dammit Iโ€™m into it. This is all Octatrack, 8 tracks of samples, with one track being a chopped and mangled sample that exists mostly during scene switching. I got way more comfortable with scenes making this, and kinda went to town with them. I also learned a little more about (re-)sampling. Good times, thanks for the samples and putting this challenge out there.

4 Likes

Reporting in a few hours before deadline. Little progressive/house song recorded from octa

2 Likes

:thinking:
:smile:

1 Like

Weโ€™re all winners for submitting an entry!

3 Likes

Seems Max Marco got busier than expected ^^

@defenestration hope youโ€™re ok!

3 Likes

Has anyone heard from @defenestration ? I really enjoyed his videos. It seemed he had some upheaval at about the same time the whole world fell apart. Hope heโ€™s alright. I miss seeing his videos.

4 Likes

Look at the last YT video they posted: seems they were still around a month ago :slight_smile:
Hopefully busy setting up a cost home, guess an update will come in due time.

But yeah, hope everything ok, @defenestration!

2 Likes

I think that we need to keep making submissions in order to summon @defenestration from the black hole in the center of the milky way.

6 Likes

Do I have to use OT ? Can I use ableton because I am lazy ?

1 Like

You can use whatever you like! I see lots of model:samples submissions above and they sound great.

2 Likes