Marketplace Access changes

Hi, I have a ton of stuff to sell right now - I have sold on here many times before and no one has ever had any issues.

Can you please allow me to post here?

Thanks

Hello!

I was wondering what the criteria is to view the Marketplace? I understand that forum involvement is required, but I am new to the Elektron family, so my contribution to current discussions would be minimal. I am hoping to purchase a Machinedrum UW+ and dive right into the forum with questions and comments!

Thank you kindly!

Question in the title, just wonderng if there is any trading allowed/done here?

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/trade-listing-requirements-photos-and-location-are-required-or-your-listing-may-be-removed/95880

3 Likes

It says it is a private link. It has been a while now that i am an elektronaut but it seems i cant access the ‘‘trading’’ thread.
Is there anything you have to do to get accepted? Thank you in advance.

Forum engagement. Commenting on posts, helping people out, etc. It requires user interaction, contributing, and may take time. Your user level will automatically change.

6 Likes

I understand why this has to be done. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Coming up on 5 year anniversary here.
Helped.
Been helped (!)
Posted.
Engaged.
Rec’d “likes”.
Gave “likes”.

No marketplace access.

The criteria is not as cut and dry as some would have us believe, perhaps…? YMMV

3 Likes

Looking back through your account it’s not clear why this has been the case … it’ll hopefully be rectified shortly

I also can’t seem to access the marketplace, any advice ?

3 Likes

5 years and no access?

I am just trying to sell a piece of Elektron gear I’d rather go here and also reduce the loss. It’s currently on Reverb but I wanted to post it up here too, only to find I don’t have access -_-

Yeah that seems odd. Your trust level is “basic user” not “member” but you have lots of posts and account activity.

Maybe something odd happened. It says you joined on 13 July 2020. Maybe contact a mod.

I don’t think the date you joined the forum matters that much. I got “member” pretty quickly, which surprised me. It seems to me that there is some strange rule you haven’t met - e.g. you haven’t attached a picture to your posts, or a url for example. But as Craig wrote, probably mods can solve this problem.

1 Like

Trust is evaluated on a few other parameters too. E.g. prior suspensions, the reasons for which and running multiple accounts can obviously affect a trust rating and prohibit that particular access privilege. The @Mods can’t go into individual cases in public, but it’s being reviewed

6 Likes

I was referring to one of the posters in this thread.

1 Like

im sure if it’s been discussed, but I can’t find it. What happened to the marketplace? Can someone point me to the thread if there is one.

https://www.elektronauts.com/c/the-lounge/marketplace-sell/24

Unless you’ve been naughty. In which case they won’t let you in. Shame on you.

1 Like

Err ok - so I’ve had access to the marketplace, been on on the forum for a few years, entered competitions, bought and sold things on here, have reviews in buyer seller feedback, given advice. And now I’ve been cut off…

So my question is, how is trust rating calculated? What more can be done? I had access before, so has someone actively decided to remove my access? What did i do!?