Marketplace Access changes

3 Likes

5 years and no access?

I am just trying to sell a piece of Elektron gear I’d rather go here and also reduce the loss. It’s currently on Reverb but I wanted to post it up here too, only to find I don’t have access -_-

Yeah that seems odd. Your trust level is “basic user” not “member” but you have lots of posts and account activity.

Maybe something odd happened. It says you joined on 13 July 2020. Maybe contact a mod.

I don’t think the date you joined the forum matters that much. I got “member” pretty quickly, which surprised me. It seems to me that there is some strange rule you haven’t met - e.g. you haven’t attached a picture to your posts, or a url for example. But as Craig wrote, probably mods can solve this problem.

1 Like

Trust is evaluated on a few other parameters too. E.g. prior suspensions, the reasons for which and running multiple accounts can obviously affect a trust rating and prohibit that particular access privilege. The @Mods can’t go into individual cases in public, but it’s being reviewed

6 Likes

I was referring to one of the posters in this thread.

1 Like

im sure if it’s been discussed, but I can’t find it. What happened to the marketplace? Can someone point me to the thread if there is one.

https://www.elektronauts.com/c/the-lounge/marketplace-sell/24

Unless you’ve been naughty. In which case they won’t let you in. Shame on you.

1 Like

Err ok - so I’ve had access to the marketplace, been on on the forum for a few years, entered competitions, bought and sold things on here, have reviews in buyer seller feedback, given advice. And now I’ve been cut off…

So my question is, how is trust rating calculated? What more can be done? I had access before, so has someone actively decided to remove my access? What did i do!?

You should know this fine well, it’s taken a lot of precious time looking back through logs etc to get a handle on this. Everyone with access to the marketplace knows it’s a privilege (and restricted from the rest of the forum for good reason) and ‘marketing’ must only be conducted within the Marketplace, no exceptions, no hints, no soliciting, nothing that can be construed as such where there is a multilingual user base … nothing that can encourage what already happens too much and which is dealt with appropriately

This rule was reiterated multiple times as warnings in the Push 3 topic where many people repeatedly ignored this. Your own ‘accidental’ sales pitch was removed (that should have been that …) … again, we’re not concerned with what you might have meant, it was nonetheless still an invite to others to do the same or to reach out to you etc etc … everything laid down time and again about avoiding such soliciting (however subtly or whether intended) Another person went as far as listing prices on everything they’d sell.

So your erring, instead of going along with and respecting this requirement you sarcastically doubled down on being told not to by doing it again (itself a big two fingers up gesture, a further waste of our time) and tendered a misguided ‘appraisal’ of the moderators - this wasn’t the time for this

So this whole “what did i do” thing is on you, you must recall doing this, you made a difficult situation worse by not reading between the lines, showing restraint or just heeding the warnings i.e. showing respect for the effort required to keep the marketplace manageable and safe from scams. The first issue was tolerable, but amidst a torrent of rogue posts or flags sufficient to generate those repeated warnings you take an easy sarcastic pop, no thanks, that’s not cool

Anyone adding to that particular administrative burden (the exact burden resulting in other forums pulling their marketplace altogether) should reflect following their posts being removed and then take a different approach than posting a why me topic and at least take ownership - reach out to moderation, own the bad judgement and see where that gets us to (in private) … some show class and do this the right way, others double down and don’t get to add to a thankless secondary administrative chore.

I was going to make this private, but it has a useful reminder that this isn’t a joke, it’s easy to forget there’s often only one moderator online and a mob piling on with their own interpretation of what is ‘fine’ is frustrating and overwhelming.

I suggest that you think back on that moment where you put us right and reconsider your present options by reaching out ( in private @Mods )

@ y’all If pre-committed sales ideas come to mind - we allow discussion of those within the marketplace (marked as [QUERY] to distinguish them) simply to avoid the ambiguous shoe-in for scammers or opportunists to conduct sales or encourage more noise to tidy away or edit

10 Likes

Your post implies that there was a deliberate attempt to antagonise. There wasn’t. I didn’t intend to solicit a sale (I’m not selling my push 2 yet). I commented that I thought that the moderation of my original post was a bit heavy handed - honestly I don’t know whether that was done by a person, by community flags, or whatever. I also said that I thought you guys do a good job, and keep this place the friendliest communities on the internet.

It seems I got caught in the crossfire of a tricky situation for you. If you felt like it was a middle finger to you guys, well that wasn’t my intention.

For others that might find themselves in a similar situation in the future, the correct response is to message an apology to the Mods, reflect on your actions and make a concerted effort not to find yourself in the same position again.

What not to do, is extend the argument, make excuses and tell the Mods they are wrong.

3 Likes

I am about to sell a few things in the future and I have sold in the past. I don‘t know if I have access at the moment because I had a few community flags. We‘ll see.
But I have to say its not the badest thing to keep it that strict. We are selling gear that is mighty expensive. Often based on trust. Payment I offer will be PayPal FF, I can not give Buyers protection I am not a professional dealer and I have been ripped on the net. Just won‘t do it. I can offer trust based on transactions in the past and my participation here. And so I am all very happy about these strict policies about the marketplace. Nothing is really ever safe, but you get a better feeling. Just my two cents.

A very good point. I have absolute trust buying and selling here and pay F&F all the time. More leniency will erode everyone’s trust.

2 Likes

How come I can’t access marketplace? Is it because someone disagreed with some posts and flagged them?

I never posted abuse etc.

[redacted]

I see you’ve been suspended once.
No one knows why but you and us @Mods I guess.
No need for public drama nor circumventing Marketplace with an half ad: just contact us and let’s sort this out.

1 Like

lol no drama didn’t know I was suspended or how to resolve this and seen this thread.

How can I be reinstated please.

Told you already:

1 Like

I see a few people asked and were pointed to the lounge to sell a while back, but I’m assuming that’s over now?