Make Noise 0-coast

Yes indeed :slight_smile:
But I managed to do it eventually.
Couldn’t avoid the cold fear of having bricked the unit though :sweat:

:smile:

1 Like

Do you know any examples of 0-coast as a main synth in a techno tracks or live set?
No drones/pads/weird blips and noises please. :slight_smile:

Korg uses this technique for the Monotribe and Volca Sample. Totally takes me back to the old days. But it sure can be fiddly. (Took me too many attempts to reset my Volca Sample the other night)

Is there a way to tell what the current OS is? Should have one arriving tomorrow, hoping I won’t need to do any updates

Yes, if you look at the serial no of your 0-Coast, if it is 1603 or higher, you already have the latest firmware.

2 Likes

my update wasnt so straight forward , i tried it through vlc , had to go through various options to turn off all the clever things going on in the background.

maybe itunes is simpler (less processing of audio going out) , i’ll try that if theres another update.

I’ve been experimenting with ways to use the 0C to control other synths that I have. It’s a great little box. So many tricks, I love the CV capablities. I’ve went and bought some eur0rack rails to start building up some more interesting patchable gear to use with my classic stuff.

Here are some current recorded efforts. This first track uses the Analog RYTM, it comes in about 2:40. Just one voice using PERF pads to control all machine parameters and a few other parameters.

Mine is 5xx but the lights blink like they said in the file so I didn’t try the upgrade. I’m a bit confused how it can already have the firmware…

i used itunes… on full blast. worked perfectly
didnt even brick the thing when itunes then started playing some chicago house into the 0coast.

3 Likes

The 0-Coast is insane. Such great sounds, even before you start patching.

And to think I was about to put the money down on a Kenton MIDI-CV converter, which this thing does as a side function.

5 Likes

Exponential plink bliss.

I am probably going to buy an OC. Does anyone know if it is in stock anywhere in the USA? Is it best to purchase directly from the manufacturer or a retailer?
Thx

Got mine today, might need to get another one haha

Seriously though, I’v never had such a love at first sound as with the 0C

The rytm came close though

4 Likes

Just got mine too. So much fun especially with RYTM. Love this lil beast!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Coast fellas…

1 Like

what? welcome to no coast!

its fun , i just need to understand what i’m doing when i plug in leads.

Seriously just so f’in amazing

7 Likes

I just found it so different to anything else.
Fresh.
Rewards exploration.
Rich strategy base.

Nice vid, there @hotscience, it’s too much fun.
And how hot are those ‘hot pink’ cables?
Mmmmm.
I had to get a bag of them beauties!

1 Like

Looooove the pink cables!
Discover something super cool today. Output of a pocket operator sub into tempo… advances the clock once for every note in the sequences thus making different “sequences” of whatever you run the clock output into. Sooooo cool. I love this thing!!

1 Like