Make Noise 0-coast

Just looked again, yeah it’s TRS to TRS, but anyway, doesn’t play nice with mixers.

No of course it doesn’t make sense, but I guess it’s more of an indicator about how cool it is off the bat. I just immediately wanted more. But not more modulation or voices just more fun!

Kind of like when you get pizza when you’re drunk or stoned, and you don’t care that you aren’t done your first piece and you’re thinking how awesome that next piece is going to be! And then how amazing it would be to just crush the whole damn thing!

There’s a jack input labeled “MIDI” on your 0C.
That’s where you put it :slight_smile:
Then put a MIDI cable from e.g. the OT or a keyboard to the Make Noise MIDI-to-jack cable.

I suppose…
Still waiting for mine :smiley:

1 Like

No, I was just being stupid there for a second, its why I deleted the post haha. I thought for a second that was the length the cable that was supposed to go from my midi sequencer. Didn’t realise it was just an adapter for a a male din to go into.

1 Like

Hehe…
Still, better read the manual, I’ve been told…

This demo is pretty helpful in getting to grips with this little box:

So much depth there, looking forward to years of tweaking.

4 Likes

Mylar’s hands and voice are ACE !
:smile:

It’s here !!!

Soooo glad :yum:
Just messed with drones so far, what a sound !

Can’t count the ways to get oscillations… I can see now how going modular might be crazy ^^
So many possibilities !

10 Likes

I love the look of it

Yes, it’s a beauty !
My heart stopped at some point when it stopped making noise after I unplugged one of the cables…
I figured I had set the output level too low while adding more and more oscillations (I was using headphones).
But for a moment, I was “Damn, I burned it ! Is it so fragile or am I so clumsy ??” :scream: :sweat: :tired_face: :sob:

What a relief to get this tone back ! :smile_cat:

3 Likes

me so jealous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Aaargh! My turn to be jealous of you now! This is at the very top of my wishlist.

Looking forward to Thursday when mine arrives… :smiley:

Has anyone updated their firmware to the latest version yet? I looked at the instructions and… never seen an update process like it. Play a .Wav file at full blast into the clock input or some such?

1 Like

I wonder if the .wav file sounds like C64 cassettes.

The update isn’t that difficult. The problem I had was that the volume output of my phone wasn’t high enough and so I used my computer instead. Once you get used to the page diving it’s pretty easy. I would recommend setting CV as additional lfo and gate as mod wheel.

1 Like

What a mess of an update !
Too tired, I think I’ve started again at least 5 times !!
I was playing the update file too quickly or too slowly, took me some time to get it right :triumph:

Anyway, I love this beast :smiley:

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, this is a pretty common method for firmware updates in the modular world.

1 Like

Unlucky! Looks like you missed out on having the firmware pre-installed by only a handful of units!

Ah, one more reason not to go down the rabbit hole!