Make Noise 0-coast

Subscribed. :+1:

Really nice vĆ­deo!

Iā€™m thinking of getting one of these. What cables will I need to sequence it from my Analog Keys on the CV track? And does it play nicely with the OT too?

It has a midi input. So yes, it will.

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: New semi-modular synths (split-off topic)

Does anyone know how to set the 0 coast up to be sequenced by the octatrack? Or Doepfer Dark Time by cv maybe another alternative open to me

The 0-Coast uses midi and if Iā€™m not mistaken assignable cc messages to cv

1 Like

Nice work. I came across it looking around YT. It certainly helped with my search.

I havenā€™t seen any videos where the two together act like a dual-osc mono synth. Guess Iā€™ll have to go the store and patch them up myself.

1 Like

thanks I found out on sonic state the exact ccā€™s etc as wasnā€™t clear to me

If you have Live/M4L then this is quite usefulā€¦

http://www.makenoisemusic.com/manuals/0-coast_programmer_m4l.zip

2 Likes

thanks I donā€™t but might get live in the near future, I got it working so all good now :grinning:

OK, so Iā€™m getting one of these for my birthday on Sunday (Iā€™m contributing quite a bit to it, of course!). As a total noob to semi-modular synthesis, any tips?

2 Likes

Can be used as a very solid bass synth.

Mine is coming today :loopy:

1 Like

there are many 0-coast tutorials by make noise on youtube. A whole playlist featuring patch ideas. The manual is great as well, patch examples included.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also ready to pull the trigger on one of these :slight_smile:

It looks like alien technology to me but it seems versatile for both crazy and normal sounds.

Also, I plan on adding either a Behringer Model D or mother 32 later. I think Iā€™m going to be covered in the mono department with this setup.

Thatā€™s awesome, youā€™ll definitely be covered for mono.

Iā€™ve got a 0-Coast and I love it. Really brings something a bit different.

1 Like

Not the same, really, but Iā€™d rather get an MS20ā€¦

start out with a basic drone (diagram for the basic patch in the manual), build on it. look up the Krell patch (one of the more complex-sounding, self-contained patches) for 0-coast on youtube - start there, play around with it, take it apart/deconstruct the patchā€“try out different variations on it. get a feel for what does what, the effects of the various objects and control functions - their behavior, etc. test things out, experiment - itā€™s very ā€˜hands-onā€™ and immediate

1 Like

Hello 0-coast :heart:

5 Likes