Make Noise 0-coast

im sure its great, its a sound source with a lot of versatility… my gripe is with many demos having that awful grinding nastiness-- rarely catering for the tastes of deep techno and dub fans… i dont enjoy hearing 100 notes in 5 seconds of a track thats all… music is ‘sound arranged’ so its a free for all and it is musical… i just prefer spaced out warmth

thanks. the post was more about the namm demo:)) but i will check it… ive often considered purchasing this machine and using it for sub patterns and having semi modular without the million patch cables business going on…

It does a nice deep sub for sure, with a snappy envelope

1 Like

i was honestly going to buy it… but got a tanzbar - that cleared me out so i have for now got a monologue which ive not even tried yet… next on the list is a semi mod… having owned lots of elektron and erebus etc… i keep buying and selling but i need a mod of some sort… this one being the most logical choice

Or the Mother 32, which might give you ‘warmer’, more dubby tones.

1 Like

i love that machine:)) yes good call… reminds me to consider this idea… thanks man

1 Like

I have m32 and 0coast. Mother is sooooooo damn boring compared to the 0coast. And I a moog fanboy. The patch points on the m32 are so pedestrian. And the sound of the 0coast is just lovely.

4 Likes

Which patch points would you have liked to see on the Mother?

I suppose it is boring in the sense that, say, all electric guitars are boring.

I agree that the M32 is “boring” in that it does not offer the kind of idiomatic places one gets to with the OCoast. However, for the soul shattering sub/bass, drones and growls, the 0Coast does not get there. The OC certainly has a unique flavor among all the others, but the bouncy bloop doesn’t work for me. If it’s your thing, though, it’s a wonderfully done bit of kit. YMMV.

I’m curious what you mean by pedestrian…

It’s subtractive east coast synthesis. It’s as pedestrian as you make it really. Try jaywalking.

1 Like

I spent hours with the assignable out on S&H alone.

1 Like

“tom… this ones gonna piss you right off”

LoL, teenage engineering says the op-Z is sure to upset you! (I laughed when I read this)

https://teenage.engineering/products/op-z_preview

1 Like

Hello everyone
i have recently been sequencing my new 0-coast with my octatrack and have hit a problem.
the 0-coast still receives midi cc messages on any midi channel after setting the midi a and b to individual midi channels.
also when it receives a cc it cuts off any sustained note.
so sequencing other gear using cc’s on any channel causes major problems when using the octatracks one midi port.
Anyone with a 0-coast replicate this
Thanks for trying
Maff.
in the uk.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Only way I’m able to get around it is using a iConnectMidi4+ and using its midi message filtering feature.

1 Like

I have found myself wondering where the patch points for DECAY or VCF MOD AMT are; and not finding them.
Maybe I’m being daft and those wouldn’t make sense for patch points. I don’t think I’m that far off though.

I get it, the point of modular is spend more money, do more stuff.
The m32 and 0coast together makes the moog much more interesting.
But not $599 interesting.

By pedestrian I mean uninspiring or basic.

To me, the 0coast seems like a mini-modular system - and the m32 seems like a mono synth with a few patch-points.
The former being much more interesting, personally.

And then there’s also the issue of not being able to break the link between midi on/off and the m32’s sequencer starting. Smh.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming jim5
i have messaged make noise as this would seem to be a mistake .
hoping for an answer
i figured a midi filter would work , just can’t believe they meant cc’s to stay on omni chan

2 Likes

Fuck me! Now I need one!

You probably won’t regret it.

Yeah I think that might be a bit outside

or, how I see it, your bread and butter (the finest, rich, French bread and butter of synths). Whereas the 0C is kind of like a smattering of spices. I agree it’s more “interesting”, but does not do the “basics” as well as the M32 (though of course one’s basics might be the what the 0C is dishing out…YMMV).

AMEN SIBLING! What a total P.I.T.A. with my OT. I was actually looking first at the 0C as a midi interface with extra sound capabilities (ridiculous, I know). I’ve sent Moog 3 emails on it and have not received a word back. Epic fail.

I get round it by programming a blank sequence into the sequencer

3 Likes