Majella Audio Implexus

West+east coast desktop synth from Dutch company Majella Audio. Full info & audio previews are now up, pretty exciting instrument if you ask me.

7 Likes

Looks and sounds very good! I’ve always wanted a synth with wavefolding that goes through a filter so this seems like the perfect thing for me… I’m guessing it wont be cheap though and I’ve already sold almost everything I can sell from my studio to buy a second Motas-6

Will be watching this for sure though, I’m sure I can probably sell some other stuff I have lying around the :joy:

1 Like

yeah I’m preparing myself psychologically for the price as well, but seems like quite the workhorse so maybe i should start saving up now lol

For me it depends very much on the price, if it starts getting close to 1000 euro then I’d be temped to get a third Motas if I was considering dishing out that kind of money as it’s considerably more flexible.

It does look very good though and sounds very good too, I’m crossing my fingers that I’m pleasantly surprised by the price! although I’d also understand it being expensive as it looks to be made with very high quality parts and a lot of attention to detail. I wish them the best for sure!

1 Like

Because of this, I’ll bet it’ll be over $1500.

1 Like

Looks like the kickstarter for this won’t begin until Aug / sep according to majella on their Facebook, would have been nice to have some idea of price!

yeah i’m pretty eager to know, shame we have to wait. but then again if it’s as expensive as i think it’ll be it’s probably healthiest for me not to know…

Def looks pricey! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m just going to start putting money aside, I’ve got space for one more synth and I’d ideally like something that can do very good analogue bass while also adding something unique to my studio so classic subtractive stuff doesn’t really cut it… I’d also ideally like to stay away from modular as it doesn’t really fit the way I work, We’ll see how it gets price but past a certain point it becomes impossible for me to justify over other options available.

1 Like

This is interesting!

1 Like

First newsletter went out, the Implexus will be on Kickstarter for €1299. Too rich for my blood indeed lol. Still an exciting machine, I’m glad it exists and always love to see a hand-crafted standalone synth that stands out from the crowd.

https://mailchi.mp/c3b3ecd96049/majella-audio-implexus-first-newsletter-8004314?e=ae65ac0eed

Yeah I got this email today too, much too much for me to spend on something like this and I do worry a little for them as they’re competing with some very nice products at that price… But they seem very passionate and I’m sure it’ll sound great and be very high quality so I wish them the best!

1 Like

They’re on Kickstarter now:

There is a fairly long article at SynthAnatomy:

1 Like

Just saw the last update, on the Implexus, from July 19th. The electronics on this thing looks amazing. Looks like they are building way more than the 80 units for Kickstarter backers. I also see KMR Audio has them available for preorder on their website.

Also from the update it sounds like Majella has been scrambling to keep their vendors in line. In fact they said they probably will do the woodwork themselves, after the vendor dropped out at the last minute.

I also notice the price on the preorder is very close to the Kickstarter price. Assuming that holds, would mean they’ve done a good job estimating costs. Getting the costs right is a major headache and a potentially deadly error for electronic manufacturers selling on Kickstarter.

Good to see this is going to be available very soon.

1 Like

The price seems pretty reasonable all things considered, excited to hear a wider variety of demos once it gets into more people’s hands.

Majella is delivering units now to Kickstarter buyers. After that are the people who have pre-ordered. Really great to see, they worked so hard to make this happen. Quite a special synth, worth taking a look.

2 Likes

very happy for the team, I hope this thing is a hit.

1 Like

This thing sounds massive. Absolute techno monster.

1 Like

Video goes into depth about the oscillator section, really illustrates what makes this so different from other mono synths