Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

Anyone got any ideas about this being possible?
Cheers. :grin:

1 Like

Perhaps we can ask on discord server.

quick question, does the original firm trig midi tracks when using any other machines? I mean you can layer different machines making the BD trigering the SN track, I’m trying to trig a MIDI track used in the M4 but as far the led is blinking it seems to send no data out, it does if put manualy a trig though, could this be a bug?

I recall that it’s possible to trig midi from an internal machine, its also likely that you have disabled this.
Have you tried going into the settings of the map editor? Is that blank?

• If you map a track to “–” it will neither respond to nor send out MIDI NOTE ON or
NOTE OFF messages.
• You can also use an external MIDI device when assigning MIDI notes. Move to the
row for which you want to change mapping, and then send a NOTE ON message
to the Machinedrum MIDI IN port (i.e. play the note on a connected keyboard).

1 Like

I’ll check it later, to be more specific, the led of the track assigned blinks when the kick punches and the vst doesn’t respond BUT if I put a trigger on the midi channel it trigs the vst so that’s what makes me think something weird is happening

Updating

Found this

So 0.6x had this fix which is great

** Bug Fixes **

Re-Allow MIDI track triggering from any channel in base channel range
Some tracks could become unmuted on sequencer stop start.

But triggering a MIDI track from any other track of the MD still not working, I can confirm is a bug and not a routing issue

@JustinValer is possible doing something here? It would be super great having this working fine

To be clear the issue is:

Let’s say track 1 is kick and track 16 is MIDI ch16, so when picking a machine for the kick I assign it to trig too the track 16

The midi track is going to be triggered as you can see is blinking when kick pumps up but it does not send any MIDI. BUT track 16 does if you manually put a trig on it

2 Likes

thx for bringing this up again! A fix would be most welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahoy! I have a MD SPS-1 MkII and I read above that X.08 can be installed on non-UW. Does anybody know if that is also the case for X.09?

yep, no problem with 09 on my mk1 non uw.

1 Like

unsure if this always happened on the original elektron firmware, but I encountered a lock up and freeze and random soundscape on the md yesterday.

Has anyone encountered the following? -

X.09 md mk1

GND PU synth- on 15 tracks, tonal setting
ctr-al - on track 16, heavy global plocking and recording.
two lfos in hold mode on track 14 and 15 modulating decay and pitch on ctr-al

then I’m scanning through each lfo destination on tracks 14/15 which is awesome for soundscapes and switching back over to live recording with ctr-all and messing with ctr-all lfo recording and mute

Then had random sounds and glitch amb soundscapes -a total screen freeze and lock up.

Reboot, play screen freeze and glitch out, occures 5 times in a row.

Until I changed the lfo hold on 14/15 to trig. The screen freeze never happened again. And couldn’t get the screen freeze and glitch sounds working again.

Might be memory and plock overload.

Sounds familiar (processing overload) to what I had a couple times (couple of years ago). Was using 16 GND machines in tonal mode with very long or maximum decay plus max delay. Was sort of playing the MD polyphonically (without a MCL). After some time it started to choke up and glitch. Switched it back on and it did the same after about five minutes but when I dialed back the decay and delay, no problems.

Probably only a matter of the number of voices / long decay / long delay tails and would’ve happened on the OG firmware as well.

1 Like

thanks korpinen for your response, that makes sense and i thought that might be the case and an OG os limitation also.

I will try the decay and max delay and see it i can lock it up again :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Is anybody still making the megacmd units? I tried
the link below and the website seems to be down https://megacmd.com/product/megacommand/

I think @mbang is still making them.

1 Like

Yes, i do. :slight_smile: PM me! Or erik.marcus.bang at gmail dot com

4 Likes

Sweet! PM’d

Hey there!

I’m on X.05 and I don’t own/use a MegaCommand.
Should I update to X.09 anyway?

And if yes, (probably silly to ask) can i update from X.05 directly to X.09?

For a long time I used a midi processor with pitch conversions to CC messages, before the tonal mode was introduced by the new firmware.
So I’d like to understand.
In the past, depending on the machine, the notes didn’t always drop as low, on some machines (and the old table) you could see that, for example, a CY machine would only react at 2 octaves, while an EFM RS would react at 4 octaves.
So I have two questions.
With today’s Tonal mode, does every machine react to the same notes?
Will the same notes play the same CC value on each of them? For example, C: 64 CC value.

1 Like

Yes and yes. Upgrade to X.08 at least

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

Well, since X.09 is out there, I think I’m gonna update to it :slight_smile:

1 Like