Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

The midi clock of the MD is not really sync with midi clock of other Elektron gears. I have to micro timing the A4 at + 1/48 to get a kick drum sync with the MD

The Micro timing of A4 at 7/384 will be more accurate actually

My apology, the latency doesnā€™t come from the MD but from my FX processingā€¦^^Itā€™s all good now

2 Likes

My Machinedrum has started doing a first-time boot every time I turn it on now. Says ā€œInitiatingā€ ā€œUnpacking Factory Dataā€ ā€œLoading Samplesā€. Lost a bit of work.

I wonder if itā€™s the battery but I replaced it just a couple years ago.

May try downgrading.

Wonderful work here, as before. Iā€™m still on X.04 but I will try this out soon. I tried searching but maybe someone can confirm/deny: is there a user guide for this available somewhere, beyond whatā€™s in the changelog? Iā€™d be happy to help contribute to one with some practical examples.

1 Like

share some here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the link, Iā€™ll check it out - looks useful already at first glance!

With X.05 is there any way to MIDI record and playback FUNC+knob movements to a DAW (like, live controlling all parameters)?

My use case is that I am trying to multitrack my machinedrum solo live set to make an EP. Iā€™d like to be able to record all my knob movements from one ā€œliveā€ take, then re-play the knob movements over MIDI while recording single tracks.

Iā€™m thinking this isnā€™t possible and since FUNC+knob emits no MIDI, I will have to record the knob movements on just one channel and then copy/paste the CC track to the other channels as I record each of them.

does an actual ctrl all machine respond to midi? (rather than func + knob)
I guess it eats a track though.

1 Like

That might work! I recorded the individual midi parts for the track Iā€™m working on now but I may have to try that for the next track. Thanks!

If you enable Enhanced MIDI via SYSEX all params will be transmitted when performing func + param (forgot to document this).

See the readme file for: 0x3E Enhanced MIDI Enable:

5 Likes

Just about to update from the last official OS - do I need to go via x.04? And is there any risk at all of bricking the unit?

Thanks to all involved in this brilliant work!

FWIW, with a similar setup, I too had a failure in the middle of updating on my first attempt, but a second attempt worked. (and a third for the fun of it)

MacOS 11.5.2 -> SysexLibraian -> TM-1 -> MDUW+MKII

No USB hubs or anything else in the hardware chain.

Sysex Librarian speeds were set to defaults:

Pause Between Messages: 0ms
Sysex Receive Timeout: 1 second
Transmit Speed: 100% (3125 bytes/sec)
Transmit Buffer Size: Default

The update took under 10 mins.

The only difference about the successful second attempt was that, after restarting the MD into the boot menu, I noticed the Turbo light on the TM-1 had gone out at some point. I cycled the Turbo mode/button on the TM-1 a few times. Canā€™t promise that was the fix, but I ran the upgrade a third time just to test my experience and it worked again.

Same here, when the MD is synced to my OT it freezes. I think I have base channel as 10.
I noticed that it happens after a little while but itā€™s happening every time.
Turning it off and on again solves it for a while, not sure what the issue is or if I have set something up incorrectly. Maybe I should try to setting the base channel to ā€œā€“ā€.
Are you still having issues?

(Daniel- HĆøjbjerg!?!?!) :slight_smile:

Do you have something plugged in the MIDI IN of the OT?

Nothing is plugged into the OT. OT is the master.

1 Like

Machinedrum X.05C Hotfix :hot_pepper:

** Bug Fixes **

• Improve stability when performing pattern changes via MIDI notes defined in the Control Map Editor.

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS_X.05C.zip
mdx_4

16 Likes

Sadly the new patch didnā€™t solve the issue for me with strt mode :

• iā€™m still getting tempo drifts when the pattern change MIDI notes are received by the MD (as sync slave).
  • i also notice that the trig notes for each track, that where initialy spread on the 4 base channels (1 to 4 in my case), are now all grouped on channel 1 (but maybe it was on purpose).

For now, the only way i found to keep the clock of the MD stable is to let tempo internal in the settings and receive the ctrl in from my daw.

1 Like

I just compared against 1.63

• 1.63 also has the tempo drift in STRT mode when slaved.
  • Pattern changing only responds on base channel in X.05, as opposed to base channel group in 1.63.
1 Like

Hi Justin,
Thks to clarify these points.
Regarding the drifting behavior, I think iā€™ll directly take an eventual advice from the Elektron support. Or maybe someone here found a way to advoid this issue using an external sync ?