Machinedrum and monomachine gone forever!

2 Likes

They had a good runā€¦ great bits of kit.

Three MachineDrums and Six MonoMachines suffered at my hands, now only one remains :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Buy now or never. Get a second mnm or wait for the next big thing. Decisions decisionsā€¦

1 Like

This is super super super lame, especially if Elektron donā€™t replace them with updated digital machines.

Iā€™ve been on the lookout for a used Monomachine. I used to have a MKI back when they were quite new. Then I quit music for a whileā€¦ Anywayā€¦ I clicked ā€œkƶp!ā€. Last gen Mono heading my way. Mmmmmā€¦ Looking forward to summer.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing parts are becoming hard to scout for the current design. And Iā€™m hoping something new is in the works.

Fingers firmly crossed for replacement machines!

Ummā€¦ They are 15 and 13 year old machinesā€¦ how long you want the to keep producing them for?

2 Likes

Yes indeed :slight_smile:

• Why wouldnā€™t Elektron replace the silver boxes ? Elektron politics is to ensure thereā€™s few overlap within existing productsā€¦
    So such news is pretty exciting as it means Elektron can now authorize themselves to get crazy on digital territory.

With all the improvements of the analog series weā€™ve seen in the past few years, I can only hope that the next box can resample itself, and :boom:

3 Likes

I donā€™t have experience with the MnM, but it does have a SID emulation, right? dunno how much of the sidstation it can reproduceā€¦

if the next box (assuming itā€™s a boxā€¦ they always make boxes) is digital, maybe it could include emulation of the MD/MnM?

Itā€™s pretty unlikely imo, these old devices probably have their OSes / DSP processing implemented quite low-levely, so it would take a lot of work to make the entire thing run on different hardwareā€¦ still, just throwing it out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also just bought a Monomachine like 15 seconds after that newsletter arrived. Its now or never. I think they will get a great status in the Hall of fame once they are gone.

Until the end of timeā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

No, obviously Elektron have good reason for discontinuing these boxes, itā€™s just a really sad day to me. Iā€™ve loved these things for the years Iā€™ve owned them, and I know that there are still a lot of people out there hungry to own their own, especially the Monomachine.

I do honestly hope Elektron come out with some nice digital machines though, it would be sad to see their entire synthesis palette become analogue.

P.S. Itā€™s also super lame for my bank account if and when the new boxes arriveā€¦

1 Like

the last 2 MDā€™s have flown quicktime from guitarguitar, trying to put a deposit on one of the pre-order UWā€™sā€¦

MD & Mnm changed everything for me, fortunately I still have them.
Sad to see the end of the line but super stoked to see what comes next :grin:

3 Likes

Sad to hear that. But hopefully we see new incarnations of the MD & MM soon with additional features of the black trinity

Looks like mnm sold out already on elektron site.

I donā€™t get itā€¦ Thereā€™s no shortage of these in the second hand market. And more will be there if they release new boxes. I like my MD, didnā€™t gel with the MnM (sold it) but if I were interested to get one, Iā€™d still get one second hand.

Itā€™s pretty amazing they have been produced this long. I canā€™t think of another boutique or major manufacturer that has produced a niche digital instrument for 10+ years, let alone support it for that long.

5 Likes

I wonder if the +drive upgrades will be discontinued shortly too. I have a MD without the +drive and always toyed with the idea of upgrading it, but I could never justify the extra cost considering that I have an AR too. If the MD and MNM are now to become collectorā€™s items, do you think a +drive would add much to their future value?

Simply got to admire that these machines can still ā€˜sell outā€™ in short time even after 15 years. Sure sign of modern classic status, and the MD especially has been an identifiable part of certain music styles.

Cant think of too many synth/drum machine products in production that longā€¦ Bar another red Swedish V.Aā€¦

Interested to see what he future holds, though hold some hope of an expanded modernised semi replacement that still leaves the silver boxes in some way irreplaceable.

1 Like