Machinedrum and monomachine gone forever!

As someone who is expecting his MDUW to arrive on Saturday, I’m okay with Elektron not releasing any upgraded versions of the MD in the foreseeable future :slight_smile: There’s only so much money I can spend!!! :smiley:

I have been on the fence about revisiting he MM with a fresh perspective.

This might have pushed me over.

Edit: welp, MM sold out.
Grabbed a MD nonUW. Should suffice for spitting MIDI LFOs into Rytm (modulating Performance macros!) and general MIDI sequencing.

2 Likes

God dammit

I think I’ll simply wait on a possible new/updated version of the MnM/MD, hopefully with some added synthesis methods for the MnM…I still have an A4 I recently purchased that I need to learn in-depth so that will keep me very busy in the meantime. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Crazy, but is the sfx-6 model. They are rare only 500 produced. Hard to get parts for probably.

You could do this with an Octatrack too yeah? Albeit with less LFOs.

What is your preferred midi controller to make fader adjustments to the rytm’s performance macros? Still the Kong nanokontrol?

I noticed you mention this technique in another thread and it has peaked my interest.

This topic might need its own thread…

I really hope they take the RYTM to new heights with the MD gone.

Never used that Korg.
I use a JL cooper Fadermaster.

Re:Octatrack.
I prefer synths :slight_smile:

15 years! whoo maann! would have really liked a MD to put next to the MM :scream: …mm…well, at least the MM is here sitting side by side the AR, it shouldn’t feel tooo lonely :smiley:

1 Like

I did the same thing. couldn’t get on with a mnm, but I’ve always been a drum machine guy. md on the way

Remember that kid in the ‘Im with Machinedrum’ add campaign?
Where is he and what is he doing now I wonder?

RIP Machines

Love your Cabinet of Curiosities, by the way!

1 Like

this was a shock to me initially, but following a stiff drink and some deep breathing exercises, i now suspect this move has been in the works for awhile.

both instruments are not only long in the tooth, they are maxed out in terms of their processing power, and some users have been clamoring for new features and bug fixes for years. i fully expect some programmers at elektron would quite like to implement a few sensible changes, but simply cannot.

combine these points with the inevitable difficulty of finding parts for older devices (something their enigmatic sale of a few months back got me thinking about), plus elektron’s obvious commitment to overbridge. it’s also likely that they want to update their digital line with the considerable advances they’ve made to their sequencer and effects. but as @lyingdalai points out, they’ve made it clear that they aren’t going to create new instruments whose capabilities overlap existing ones.

so it all makes me optimistic that their plan is to take the mk2 models off the market, force everyone to recall a world without the md+mnm around, then drop the mk3’s to relief and profit.

i can dream of the sonic advances this could mean. i can also shudder at the features and magic that could get lost in the shuffle of new circuit components and a different generation of OS programmers. i’m going to go have another drink.

6 Likes

If anyone gets desperate to buy a new MNM, I’m sure this limited 10th anniversary edition unit will be available for a long time to come. It’s only US$3,074…

http://www.gearlounge.com/shop/blue-monomachine-sfx60-mkii/

TBH I spent quite some time considering to extend my Dark Trinity with the MnM. I liked the idea of the different synth engines, the flexibility and special sonic territory, but missed some of the new features of the AR or A4 sequencers - as well as the DAW integration so much that I decided not to go for it.

Hopefully we will see new digital machines from Elektron. Those would have a good chance to jump to the top of my shopping list.

Man Im Mega Pissed Off :frowning: am in the middle of saving for a MD UW+ for my bday at the end of july.
Hope There Will Be Some About When I Get The Cash??..

Just thought Id share my excitement, just ordered one of the last MD’s. Been debating one for a while and I wanted one brand new so Ive pulled the trigger just in time! Shame it says it might take 4 weeks to arrive!
Gonna play nicely with my OT :slight_smile:

Cool! If it’s any consolation, my Monomachine (yay!) was shipped today. Ordered, as you understand, two days ago.

3 Likes

Congrats to both of you.

2 Likes

I hope my 2 day old MD order follows suit!

1 Like