M8 Tracker

I changed my theme to make it easier on my eyes but I didn’t check brightness. I will have to do that next.

1 Like

It’s 2 to 4 hours on average. It mostly depends on how often it’s playing vs stopped since the processor is down clocked when playback is stopped. Screen brightness will affect life but not as much as playback. (Screen brightness is 30 to 70 milliamps)

If you’re only getting about an hour I would guess it was not fully charged. You have to wait for the battery icon at the top right to stop animating. It’s a slow charge and may take as much as 4 hours. This is actually a good thing as to not overwork the battery and give it a longer life over things like fast charging cellphones where they will only last a few years at most.

As far as flights, I have found most if not all have USB ports now. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I have a thin powerbank (Insignia NS-MB5MK21) that fits perfectly inside the included carrying case, so power never seems to be an issue. Just have to remember to charge those things! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Getting more interested in these, but my main concern is the size of the screen. As in … maybe just too small to be practical.

I wonder has anyone done this already - made an image the exact same size as M8 (or just the screen), say as pdf, that you can print off at 100% to get a feel for the size ?

Not too difficult to do myself (with a tiny bit of research) but I guess I can’t be the first one with concerns about screen size, so wondering if it has been done somewhere already ?

I was concerned about screen size before purchase as my vision isn’t the greatest. I work with my M8 for hours at a time and it’s a breeze to see everything clearly on the screen since it’s handheld nearly all the time anyway. You’d have to be a pretty extreme case to struggle with that. Of course if you really wanted to, it’s super easy to connect M8 to an external monitor though I rarely do

2 Likes

Do people have suggested packs for the M8?
(I do have Samples from Mars stashed somewhere)

I’m not a big sample person, so I wish there something like this to just get once and forget about it: All Digitakt Packs Bundle (SERIES ONE) - Over 1,000 sounds for Digitakt! — ELECTRONISOUNDS (thread)
Key there is that the instrument presets are included already…

that’s a great pack that electronisounds DT bundle.

2 Likes

Just for common interest to european m8 customers. I paid now approx 550€ plus 150€ for customs clearance for the m8 (based in Germany). Will be delivered probably tomorrow.

8 Likes

I’ve had mine for about 3 days. I have a Polyend Tracker that I just did not get along with. The M8 is fantastic though.

One of the unexpected features I really like is the web base remote display.

https://derkyjadex.github.io/M8WebDisplay/

My wife came over while I was in front of my laptop using the web display and she was making suggestions to what I was working on while I was working on it. It felt almost like pair programming (both my wife and I are software engineers.) It was kinda magical and collaborative. This isn’t something you see with a lot of gear, especially something this small.

11 Likes

Actually, he specifically mentions the M8 on this pack description:

2 Likes

I think it is the answer you wanted ! You just have to clone the instrument you want on the step you want, and tweak the instrument.
:slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/Xe0NnfjcJ_g?t=826

If you’re fine with the default text size on a phone, M8’s text is pretty similar.

3 Likes

I posted further upthread but there is a windows/mac application you can connect to when you have your M8 connected to the computer that basically shows it on the screen. I was worried about the screen size and this took al the concern out of it. It’s a brilliant little piece of kit.

1 Like

Right, yes, but of course that doesn’t address using it standalone, (say, in a park or coffee shop) … although, I suppose you could do the same trick with an iPad ?

Edit: Am I right in thinking that the M8 just has a network address that you use with a web browser or something ?

That’s re-assuring, thanks.

It connects to web display etc via USB. I don’t think it works with iOS but I think some people have had success with Android? Or vice versa…

Thanks, I will google some more.

I’m having a problem with my M8 since the first day. When I connect a cable in the line out, if that cable moves just a little I hear the typical ground sound.

I can work without problems if I connect the cable in a 90%, but it’s pretty complicated to control this in live and the sound is pretty annoying…

Anyone with the same problem? How did you solve it??

Do you have other/different cables available to try? If not, maybe some tape around the jack? There was an issue with some cable designs grounding out on the case, I recall.

yep. I’ve tried with all my cables. What I’m doing is precisely that, adding some tape to try to avoid it. Thanks @jemmons!